Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

For all casters, google 'Intelligence kills Soul of Cinder' for guidance and usurpation of the Fire ending
Am I the only one that for some reason can’t fight him he isn’t showing up
You gotta get your Estus to 15 +9, complete all NPC questions in order of appearance, and kill the Nameless King without dying. Also he won't show up till you're SL420 and acquire the Moonlight Curved Ultra Greatsword (cursed). If he still doesn't show up, Quit/Reload 14 times.
Sorry, but is that for PS4, PS4 pro, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, or Nintendo Switch? I just tried it on my One S, but it didn't work.

Itskoonce

Souls: 60.00
Add me on psn its_koonce
no
Take that sh*t to Gamefaqs or something lol
words cannot express how much more difficult I expected this to be. after a couple rounds of feeling him out, i just dusted off my old +6 bleed infiused bandit knife that i abandoned super long ago and bled him to death with almost no issue. dude felt like he shoulda been about mid game somwhere, not the end.
You killed him with bleed, how did you expect that to go? Did you expect fighting with bleed would make the fight tougher?
so he can also parry
Honestly, I feel really conflicted about this fight. Its really epic fight, especially after he switches to the Gwyn phase and the music starts playing I was like: HOLY S.H.I.T!!! But on the other hand, it was painfully easy. I did beat him on my first try even while taking so many unnecessary hits and being greedy as hell. For final boss of the series it was really dissapointing as far as difficulty goes. (And no, I really dont consider Gael as the final boss, because for one, he is locked behind a paywall and not part of the base game, and second there is no cutscene, no conclusion or anything of the sort after you beat him.)
It's fine if you don't feel like Gael is the final boss but that's just factually inaccurate. The soul of cinder fight takes place at the end of the current cycle but you fight Gael at the literal end of the world, so timeline wise Gael is definitely the last boss.
Technically speaking, the whole fame is locked behind a paywall if you think about it....
*Whole game (apologies)
I'm going to safely assume you might have been over leveled. He is a good challenge. (Coming from someone who typically gets every boss in ds3 1-3 tries. However this was not my victory rate my first play through so please let nobody feel discouraged.)
Anybody else think that this is one of their favorite bosses or video games characters in your your time of gaming?
Yes i do.
for some strange reason, when i fought this boss on ng+, it didn't go into the 2nd phase. for reference, i was using a +10 firelink greatsword, and had no phantoms with me.

KitsuneTatsuki

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 907.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 41
2nd phase as in half HP or the second HP bar?

Zacem

Souls: 50.00
but the firelink greatsword only goes up to +5??
just like the other souls games, eve if he is the final boss he is not the strongest
No, he isn't the strongest boss in Dark Souls III. That title belongs to BlackFlame Friede.
(To the anon below) i think the title of hardest boss in ds3 goes to the nameless king or midir.
anyone need a phantom for him in NG+ because i can help