Anything without a home!

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 13,282.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
BWO_RazrSrorm wrote:
EldritchImagination wrote:As I said before, I got Hollow Knight a few weeks ago and was playing it quite regularly, though I switched to other titles when I got my first gaming pc. It's a great game, but is pretty hard in certain aspects. The combat design, vague, exploration focused story telling, and a few other mechanics definitely put it in the Souls-like category, but it's closer to classical metroidvania games. It has a lot of hard bosses, but it's certain platforming challenges that I found especially difficult. One that you need to do in order to get the good endings is just insane, especially since, and I can't believe how I did this, I completed the entire thing without one of the abilities they expect you to have when you do it. It's just crazy difficult, and if it wasn't for a specific combination of power ups that allowed me to heal consistently, I probably would have never beat it.

If you decide to get that game, you better have your 2D platforming skills dialed to 11 for a few of the levels.

Haha. One of the main reasons my brother wants me to pick up hollow knight is specifically because he says it looks like it has a lot of platforming in it.
So nice to know this is true. Would you say the platforming is on the same level as Celeste? Or is it harder?

I will first need to look a Celeste to compare.........yeah it around that hard, and harder in certain areas, but easier in others. adding in combat, I'd say Hollow Knight is harder than Celeste, though I only watched a few minute IGN review video on Celeste.
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

So, I got a gaming PC a few days ago, complete with some nice stereo speakers and a new Scepter 24" monitor. don't think I can ever go back now. Games playing at max visual setting at 60fps, and a game library as big as my *$&% gets when I watch my beautiful machine run is just wonderful

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 87.00
Bank: 7,272.00
Wiki Edits: 5
EldritchImagination wrote:So, I got a gaming PC a few days ago, complete with some nice stereo speakers and a new Scepter 24" monitor. don't think I can ever go back now. Games playing at max visual setting at 60fps, and a game library as big as my *$&% gets when I watch my beautiful machine run is just wonderful

specs?

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 27,003.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Yeah I've gotten as far as the deepnest in hollow Knight. the game is brutal. But i'm loving it.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.

Lancer21

Souls: 78.00
I have bought a high end gaming laptop recently as well; I already had a good computer, but it's a classic "tower" one that isn't convenient to carry along when I'm moving (which happens quite often) and it was the latest stuff in 2014.
The problem is that I can run most games on very high settings (I even had fun playing War Thunder for the first time in months!) but that for the last couple weeks, the only thing that this beautiful screen has been displaying looks like [link removed], because I have to do a survey on real estate investments on the Costa Blanca in Spain.
But well, who am I to complain, it's this job that allowed me to get said laptop in the first place.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Lancer21 wrote:I have bought a high end gaming laptop recently as well; I already had a good computer, but it's a classic "tower" one that isn't convenient to carry along when I'm moving (which happens quite often) and it was the latest stuff in 2014.
The problem is that I can run most games on very high settings (I even had fun playing War Thunder for the first time in months!) but that for the last couple weeks, the only thing that this beautiful screen has been displaying looks like [link removed], because I have to do a survey on real estate investments on the Costa Blanca in Spain.
But well, who am I to complain, it's this job that allowed me to get said laptop in the first place.

what form of occupation do you have?

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

qeter wrote:
EldritchImagination wrote:So, I got a gaming PC a few days ago, complete with some nice stereo speakers and a new Scepter 24" monitor. don't think I can ever go back now. Games playing at max visual setting at 60fps, and a game library as big as my *$&% gets when I watch my beautiful machine run is just wonderful

specs?

AMD RX 580 8GB GPU
AMD Ryzen 2600 CPU
8GB RAM
500GB SSD

I know AMD isn't considered the high end PC components maker, but the price was good, and the fact that it's still playing games far better than my consoles is fantastic.

Only problem is that the RAM wasn't duel channel, so I need to get another 8GB stick, but then it will be complete.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

been playing dks2 and 3 over the break, settled on 2. the plentifulness of rolls combined with the speed up really started to irritate me.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,623.50
I bought Hollow Knight back in October, and that is probably the best actual metroidvania style game out there right now. Excellent platforming, great storytelling, grand environment, and holy hell those bosses kick your teeth in until you dial in on them. Had to take a break from it, probably put 100 hours into the game in a few weeks.

Fallout 76 is a fun time waster, but I keep running into the "I'm bored" bit. No good loot, don't want to do events, don't feel like grouping up randomly.

Bought Dead Cells last week, and that's been my recent go-to. Very fun roguelike.

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 27,003.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Lich180 wrote:I bought Hollow Knight back in October, and that is probably the best actual metroidvania style game out there right now. Excellent platforming, great storytelling, grand environment, and holy hell those bosses kick your teeth in until you dial in on them. Had to take a break from it, probably put 100 hours into the game in a few weeks.

Fallout 76 is a fun time waster, but I keep running into the "I'm bored" bit. No good loot, don't want to do events, don't feel like grouping up randomly.

Bought Dead Cells last week, and that's been my recent go-to. Very fun roguelike.

Yes I bought both dead cells and Hollow knight for Christmas. I'm pretty far in HK. I'm currently at the main city. Both bosses I have access to are wrecking my day.
Dead cells is exactly what I wanted from a roguelike. I've made it as far as the clock tower boss twice. I don't particularly think boss design in this game is strong.
Feels more like needing to have the right set of items than simply outplaying the boss. Then again I've not used a shield yet because I heard of how dumb easy it makes the game.
So perhaps that's why I feel I have to cheese bosses.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.