Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

This Ring is good early game but some tanky builds csn make use of this ring for PVP in late game.

This ring will save your *** 99% of the time and its been the reason on a few occasions why my enemies ate***** cause they wasted their stamina bar on what should have been a kill and than they get nuked lol
why downvote this, seems legit.

BloodofGaea

Souls: 50.00
If you would be hit to below 20%, the ring will activate. So you can be sitting at 30% health and be hit for 15% of your total, in that circumstance the ring would activate and reduce the damage.

This can actually lead to a very strong tank build by stacking it a few other things, namely: Lloyd's Shield Ring, Ring of Life, Ring of Favor, and Tears of Denial, often letting you taking a surprising amount of hits in PvP.
This isn't true. I tested, from full health, hits that would take me to below 20% or just kill me had no change in damage with this ring equipped.
You lied, anon. You did not test, or you're just dumb and tested wrong. BloodofGaea is correct.
I noticed that this ring does more for your absorption the lower your absorption is. At -100 absorption it increased it to -60. At -30 it increased it to -4. At 0 it increased it to 20. At ~67 physical absorption it increased it to ~74.

Feels

Yes I support this.
That's because it is a % based boost not a flat rate boost and in the game % values are calculated weird not just a multiplicative value

Feels

I LOVE this ring. I'm not much one for PvP, but as far as PvE goes the ring is fantastic. It's saved me so many times. The percentage may not seem terribly high but it feels high. I can't express how many times an attack has hit me at low health that would typically drain a relatively large chunk of my hp, only for that damage to be negated by this ring. Has carried me through numerous greedy situations. Overall, underappreciated and worth praising.
why not use the life ring then and get 10% of your life extra to begin with?

meepster

OK, this is the reality: You get hit, your HP gets below 20%, the ring effects are triggered and you get extra damage absorption, you get hit again, you die. So to summarize it, there is no *****ing way this ring is useful against ANY enemy, unless you have like 40 Vigor and you are fighting hollows at the Cemetery of Ash, or perhaps it can save you in PvP against a faith build... No, really, if you are below 20% HP, you will die in 1 or 2 hits regardless of whether you are wearing this ring or not. If the ring added plain defense (not absorption) then it would be useful at low levels (and perhaps even beyond), but as of now it is just useless. Please someone tell FromSoftware that they should design items that FIT the actual game they are making.
This will save you from maybe one throwing knife, but this is pretty much useless.
Would this be viable against large gank squads as a spear of the church? Started to wonder if my vig/vit/str build would benefit from this over dragonscale ring.
It may end up saving you particularly on lighter armored builds due to diminishing returns.

Statistically this ring is pretty meh and not really worth the slot mid game but I keep it because it's my lucky ring. I've survived so many trades with a sliver of hp while this is equipped.
The rings effect is roughly the same as getting 5% of your maximum health added at low health. Since they tend to get more aggressive at that point, it might be worth to try it out. I'm assuming the ring isn't nerfed in PvP.
The second most useless ring in the entire game. the first one is the wolf ring.
calamity ring?
calamity ring can be used for various challenges!
The reversal ring would have words with you.
At first I thought this ring was pointless but then I noticed that what the ring actually does is reduce all damage at 20% even if you were above 20% when you were hit. So, if you were at 30% you take full blunt for that 10% but automatically ruduces any additional damage after 20%. Still not that great tho.
The only reason to ever use this is in NG when you have empty slots and literally nothing else