Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Nothing turns me on more than seeing my enemies panic as their hp is slowly torn to shreds by the blender of doom
This suck lol Moonlight greatsword is better for sor build
Why would you use it for sor build?! Dex/sor and the weapon art alone ist worth it
I actually think this is one of the cooler build-around-me weapons in the game, and it all comes down the criminally underused WA R2. The idea behind Dex weapons is that they tend toward combo movesets (WA R1 perfect example) and Int (i.e. sorcery) ties in a fair bit of control spells (Orb spells, Mist spells to helm opponents in lest they get status effects -> Frostbite, Soul Greatsword for aggression). Therefore, it's safe to say this is a COMBO-CONTROL weapon. The thing is a lot of people are trying to be really aggressive with it, specifically with the WA R1 combo, when, if you were to play passively (which is really what you have to do with combo-control movesets) and pair it with sorceries, this thing is a beast. > Consider, you have some distance, but you're opponent is right at your doorstep, so casting a Soulmass or projectile might earn you a running R1. What do you do? WA R2. Why? What are their options? Well, they can run straight at you, and even if they get the roll right and slip the ice burst (otherwise they take a ton of damage, poise damage, and are well on their way to Frostbite), Scythes have pretty strong close range 1H R1 movesets/hitboxes so you can punish the roll in. > Well, they can hang back and wait out the explosion. WHICH IS WHERE PAIRING IT WITH SORCERY SHINES. They wait, you pop a Homing Soulmass (even a Crystal one since the delay gives you enough time). Depending how far away they are, you can chase them down, they roll away from the Soulmasses, you catch them with the Scythe, which is another solid trait with Scythes. Too far, and you can go about your business as you normally would with Soulmasses up (worth learning to do, btw, Soulmasses are really strong). They try to punish the Soulmass cast with bombs (Crystal at least, normal is fast enough to dodge), you cast a Soul Arrow at the time, which hard-counters bomb-throwing (the arrow hits, you dodge the bomb, everytime). The ice burst exploding up can even mask an incoming spell! I've even caught people off-guard enough to hit them with a Crystal Soul Spear. >To get even craftier, for those among you who are dying to dice enemies up with the weapon art, starting casting Hidden Body, the ice bursts, and, like a magician dropping a curtain, you're gone!...sort of....or at least a lot harder to read. It gives you a way to get a bit more aggressive (which is the Achilles' Heel of this weapon). >Sorry if this was long, but I wanted to show this weapon some love. Caution though, the 2H R1 is comically bad (unless you're maybe catching rolls) and you have to be very careful with your stamina as it can be a bit draining. It's a hard weapon to use, no doubt, but it's a long stronger then people think. It just happens to tie in well with one of the other playstyles that's arguably hard to master (Sorcery). At least in duels. I'm sure we all have nightmares getting hit with out-of-frame Crystal Soul Spears.
What's the point of this If you can just get staggered with any heavy weapon while In the combo, you're better off just spamming without the use of dueling them.

Azog

Souls: 50.00
This is my favorite scythe mainly because it can do a lot of damage quickly, especially against large enemies like the nameless kings' storm wyvern which I annihilated with it. However, this weapon locks you in the animation once you use its weapon art. This causes it to be a double bladed sword in pvp.
i find this weapons combo difficult to dodge in pvp, i swear this weapon is hitting a few seconds before the attack is even happening on my screen
best parryable scythe ever
The weapon's art allows you to counter through mist projectiles with a well timed R2's running frost attack. Atill unsure if dmg Is mitigate or if the attacks can be reflected back with this move yet. More testing is needed. But the crescent moon sword can be countered through the energy blast with no stagger done to the running frost user.
The moveset is fine and all, but I sort of wish two-handing actually had you wield both scythes like Friede’s third phase, with blades pointing down. It just looks more badass. | Secondly, maybe the WA should have been a frost attack for L2-R1, and (a slightly weaker version of) that sweet dark tornado attack she does for L2-R2. Then L1 while two-handed could be similar to the current L2-R1, since it doesn’t drain FP anyway and has low as***** hyper armor. It’s still a relatively weak attack, so it feels kind of silly make it a WA if not for the frost damage. | From is queen of missed opportunities to make players feel as badass as the bosses we fight.
Since I haven't seen anyone else mention this: going from the WA L2 to the WA R1 skips the forward jump attack, and starts the blender early. Useful for when someone is too close to lunge at. Just be aware that people tend to backroll away from the ice.