Wiki: Visit the Nioh Wiki
Visit the Nioh 2 Wiki

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,893.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Back_Lot_Basher wrote:
BWO_RazrSrorm wrote:I'll do the best I can to help. But keep in mind i'm also playing through just like you. So I might not know how one thing works entirely. and there are some things I might not know about at all.

No worries...I learned quite a bit from your post. I'll dig through the wiki here and try to learn a bit more about the magic/elemental stuff you mentioned.

This ki pulse...what exactly is the prompt for triggering it?

After every move you do there is some blue particles that move about your character. if you stop attacking you can press a certain button to ki pulse. If you wait for the right timing (signified by more blue particles. like a lot more) and press the button you get an even bigger boost of ki back. I use controller scheme B and an xbox controller on my pc. so for me that is left bumper. But since you're on playstation If you use the same control scheme I do I think the button for you is L1? the smaller bumper on the left side above the trigger.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 22,820.00
Wiki Edits: 15
I'll try practicing on some trash mobs. I'm not very good at multitasking, though...that's why I asked if you can get through the game just managing Ki like you would stamina in Souls.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 22,820.00
Wiki Edits: 15
I seem to have a lot of items classified as "slottable". On the first set of four I put my healing items, a rock for luring, antidote, and some sort of grenade. There are all sorts of others, some involving magic that I'm not really sure about. Is there anything I should be slotting for regular use? Is there a Nioh equivalent of fire/lighting buffs in Dark Souls? I ran into this one dual wielding dude on the mission right after the boss who swings two big balls. It's where you have to work backward through the mission you just finished. Anyway, this dual wield guy was pretty tough, and I'm wondering if there's something I'm overlooking to help me with these tough guys (that's why I asked about the buffs).

That "living weapon" I used in the Tower mission...I've never seen the prompt appear again. Any reason?
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,893.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Back_Lot_Basher wrote:I seem to have a lot of items classified as "slottable". On the first set of four I put my healing items, a rock for luring, antidote, and some sort of grenade. There are all sorts of others, some involving magic that I'm not really sure about. Is there anything I should be slotting for regular use? Is there a Nioh equivalent of fire/lighting buffs in Dark Souls? I ran into this one dual wielding dude on the mission right after the boss who swings two big balls. It's where you have to work backward through the mission you just finished. Anyway, this dual wield guy was pretty tough, and I'm wondering if there's something I'm overlooking to help me with these tough guys (that's why I asked about the buffs).

That "living weapon" I used in the Tower mission...I've never seen the prompt appear again. Any reason?

So No idea about the first things you mentioned. For me I always slot the heal item, salt, and then a resistance item for status effects depending on the area. So the area i'm currently in I have anit paralyze consumable slotted. (and the corrisponding ninjitsu equivelent slotted.) Yes there are elemental buffs you can apply on your weapons. It's either in the ninjitsu tree or the magic tree. I forget which.
And that prompt was just to show you how to activate living weapon as you were in a tutorial. You should have a little icon in your UI that's a circle with something inside it. that's your living weapon gauge. When it's full it should be flashing white signifying the ability to use it.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.