Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I guess since he was an optional boss in Dark Souls he didn't die canonically, still got an even worse death by Dark Souls 3. Literally fed alive to a mass of muck... Gywndolin must have lost a lot of his power by the time Irithyll had been founded.
It bums me out thinking about it. He had to live a lie his whole life, save a drying kingdom, keep his sister and his fathers memory alive, run a gang of people to punish sinners and live in hiding. Just to be eaten alive in the very place he wanted to keep safe, all in ruins. Like tears in the rain.

Ashtolith

Casual
Convict

Souls: 185.00
It did seem like he at least stepped out of the shadows and took up the mantle as a worshipped god for a while. He is the Nameless Moon that some people openly worshipped, with his own cathedral and statues and banners. So at least at some point he stopped making people believe in the illusions of gods that left long ago, instead stepping up so they would revere the one god that stayed. And he had company in his little "sister", Yorshka.
Not sure if it's much consolidation, but at least he had the chance to be happy and openly acknowledged for a time :)
Still, horrible end to the character, I was disappointed.
He has a younger sister Yorshka, pretty big lore implication here.
I think she is his niece. The daughter of Oceiros and Gwynevere. Gwyndolin kidnapped her when the king became mad.
Well, she could be his daughter too... with Priscilla?
It's complicated because it's Gwyndolin, a master of illusions. He has a cutscene after death, that could be a illusion too. He knows he's "weak". He is a very old god and (maybe) very experient.
And she, Yorshka, is "protected" by a illusion, not a cleric or a beast.
She even can be Gwyndolin in disguise. you know... a master of illusions...
yorshka isnt actually his sister, but his niece, prescilla/yorshka is the daughter of the nameless king
Do you have anything to back that up with?
Every god - except Priscilla who has a tail, but she's half-god half-dragon - has a human appearance. But Gwyndolin has tentacles instead of feet ; he is the only god who has a deformity.
If we admit that in DkS3 Gwyndolin IS BEING eaten by Aldrich when we meet him (it would explain the upper part of Gwyndolin's body ), could it be possible that in DkS1 the tentacles are in fact Aldrich, beginning to eat him, before he gets the power and the monstrous shape he has in DkS3 ?
Could Aldrich already be in Anor Londo in DkS1 ?
No. Aldrich and Pontiff worked together to basically sac anor londo leading to alrich/gwyns current form
Actually gwyndolin and Aldrich are the same, she was consumed by her own festering hate because of roseria force feeding gwyndolin lies that's the symbolic reason for the ring fingers tongues, roseria feeds the tongues turning men into grub like creatures so naturally gwyndolin being half female did not fully turn but was consumed by her own emotions for wanting to protect anorexia London but failed in the first souls game, this is why leonhard killed roseria in hopes that using gwynovirs soul would help put an in to the transformation of Aldrich but he failed to reach her in time Hensel the player finds gwyndolin fully transformed into the monster that was festering inside her in the end of killing leonhard he calls roseria a monster for what she down.
While an interesting theory, why would Aldritch be present here and consuming Gwyndolin? As a supposed Lord of Cinder, he hadn't done his task at the time, hasn't perished or beckoned again by the Firelink Bell in DS3. Also, in DS1 he wasn't trapped there.
I think in DS1 while there is plenty to argue against it, being ashen is not a thing, also I understand that you are considered the FIRST of the Undead to actually complete the journey that is Linking the Fire. It also seems to be implied that Gwyndolin was lured into the room where you battle Ornstein and Smough to be eaten by Aldrich, this is why I'm more akin to the question of is Smough Aldrich.
He isn't half female. He was raised as a daughter because of his magic
Aldritch eats Gwyndolin. They are two seperate people.
realy because Priscilla has what looks like robes that are her wings wrapped around her and Gwyndolin at the time was powerful with his magic enough to make an illusion of his sister and a sun so the tentacles just may be an illusion
A) those aren't tentacles, they're snakes, which are a symbol of an imperfect dragon, and B) Gwyndolin purposely hides himself away within the Darkmoon Tomb specifically because of his deformity that brings shame to the gods.
He reminds me that griffith from berserk
Is there a reason this page refers to him as "her" opposed to he? It doesn't really matter, but it can be confusing to someone reading this the first time.
Because Gywndolin is clearly a trans woman. The "raised as a daughter" bit and affinity for Moonlight magic pretty much seal that. The items use masculine pronouns due to a translation convention (when the Japanese doesn't indicate gender, translators usually default to 'he' or 'his,' particularly in somewhat ambiguous cases like this). Since Gwyndolin was raised as and presumably identifies as a daughter, she would more than likely use feminine pronouns (her, hers, she, etc).

Also, if you look at Gwyndolin's (English) dialogue, she never makes reference to her own gender, preferring to say "mineself" or "mine" or even the royal "We." She's also kind of obsessed with "Sister Gwynevere," referring to her as "the Godmother," and even creates an illusory copy of Gwynevere to speak to Undead visitors to Anor Londo on her behalf.
Because some stupid tranny vandalized the article. It's fixed now, hopefully it stays that way.
To the guy saying she's a trans woman, you are wrong. I can't which item or lore piece but I know for a fact that he actually sees himself as a boy, and is even ashamed at how feminine he is because he is scared his dad will not like him because of it.
Gwyndolin should be referred to as a "he" in this article, as that is how the game describes him, as seen in the Darkmoon catalyst description:

"Catalyst born from the soul of the Dark Sun Gwyndolin, Darkmoon deity who watches over the abandoned city of the Gods, Anor Londo. Gwyndolin is Gwyn's lastborn and a legitimate god, but he is also a Moon sorcerer, and this wand is boosted by faith, not intelligence"
too late to confirm the boss's gander, the fun art already said what the boss is . even if it was a she there still gonna make "her" a boy. if you don't believe me go on google (with out the safed search ) and put in the boss's and Ta da! no more can be said.
English, please.
GRIFFITH!!!!!!
lol