Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Farming ghrus for this is a phenomenal waste of time. On PC run DS3 in windowed mode while tending to other crap on your computer, then when "invading as Watchdog" flashes switch over and earn your swordgrass. I did this on the side when I would be reading up on things or whatever and even at SL120 it only took a few days of doing it here and there. And all of it was actual fun PvP instead of mindless grinding - even if you suck at PvP then you can still get by, plenty of the invasions end up as team battles where you can still help just by being another moving target. The gank squads and circlejerks of the 20-40 range fade out in the higher levels and you get a lot more NG+ people just playing the game.
For Melee STR, Don't do backstab or whatever, it would take too long for each run. Just grab Vordt's Great Hammer. Two hand it. Do not One hand it, as you need the moveset of the two hand great hammer.
Close in to the 2 Ghru, do not lock on, activate Perseverance, this will stun them for a moment, slam twice, face the third one and slam twice again, doesn't matter if the third one blocks or not, it will die on the second hit as you will break through his shield. I think it's because of the frostbite.

Tested with Pyromancer - Big issues was, If you attack from inside the tower, sometimes the Ghru might run off to the side of the tower, if you walk out. Poison Breath may sometimes block your view, if you miss, you might get several slash in your face or stabs. Lower SL will find it taking longer than necessary to farm them. As they won't have the necessary spell or damage to kill them instantly.

Tested with other weapons - Issues were reach, poise and moveset. For melee it is important to kill the first 2 Ghru at the same time, some weapons couldn't attack both, like Greataxes, or couldn't reach the second Ghru or it goes behind you after the first hit. These results in time taking longer than necessary.
Ok this is how I do it: From Farron keep peremitier, head down to the first three ghrus (twoards the black night) pop a rusted coin and kill them with fast attacks. Head back and kill the one to the right behind the tree. Then wait abit for the Dark Knights to start fighting there other ghrus, then take another coin and proceed to the right and finnish of the remaing ones to the right and outside the boss room. The loot will still be yours even if the Darkies kill them. Hope this helps :)
You can't say darkies now. It's 2018.
So can you eat swordgrass
I just got a wolfs ring +1 from one of those dogs on the bridge. Is that something documented or what?
No, you didn't.
Its not really that hard to farm then, in a hour I got 20, with 325 item discovery and sometimes using the +50 ID coin.
I farmed on the 3 Ghrus on the bridge of Keep Ruins bonfire, its pretty easy to kill then with great chaos fireball, just use 1 on each and they will die.
For farming the three ghru on the bridge, I suggest getting moderately close and targeting seething chaos at the closest one, 50/40 gets me 1258 damage, killing all instantly
Forgot to mention I had witch ring and by, "moderately close" I mean just outside of the doorway
does anyone know the best place and time to farm these either from players or gurus? ive been on the wolfs of farron covenet for a while and just trying to get wolfs great shield, not looking for a hand out just advise.
This is late but for anyone else, the only way to "farm" these from players is to stay in the optimal level range for the swamp and wait to get summoned. It doesn't matter where you are as long as you keep the covenant equipped. As for farming from enemies, I just kept discovery boosting items on (Sage's Rapier etc.) and watched the Darkwraiths kill the ghrus near Abyss Watchers. Not very fast but reasonably effortless. You can even combine these activities by letting the Darkwraiths kill ghrus while waiting to get summoned. Just be prepared to see items lying on the ground and to be summoned before you can pick them up....
So I'm farming in keep ruins and I have been going at it for 40 min or so and I started to use pyromancy 20 mins in and I feel like for some odd reason that it's making have more of a chance to receive them. Could be convenient but I went from 12 to 24 during this farm.
Try putting on some music.