Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Underrated! I am a socerer build with extremely low vgr and I needed to stop people from rushing me in arena I tried moonlight greatsword etc but people constantly out damaged me so I upgraded this longbow just to see, this thing is amazing for the stagger sure the time to draw the bow is kinda long but it's usually fast enough to draw and shoot someone running at you with a melee weapon but that isn't the best thing - this thing will always stagger people so if you draw, wait for someone to run at you then fire at point blank they will be staggered and you can roll away and to top it off my darkmoon longbow with moonlight arrows deals 368 a hit, not bad to punish people rushing you and you can rinse and repeat this stategy until they die unless they stop rushing you. 8/10 lol
A bit of a cheap move. How the hell does someone stop rushing with a melee weapons anyway? They gotta close in somehow.
Haters gonna' hate. All's fair in DS3.
It's extremely effective on someone who doesn't know their left from their right or how to dodge.
Unless you're a pure int build, which is dumb anyway, you should never have above 40 in any star besides vigor, you can just use pharris's bow with dark arrows instead, then hit them with the wa for at least double what you're getting with this **** bow.
when you realise it can be used by a mercenary in the start of the game
Merc is generally the best class in the game, imho, at least when doing any sort of dex/luck/int build.

Daddy-Ariandel

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 0.00
I get roughly 500+ AR with this weapon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What stats are you using?
I guess he's just holding it in the offhand while smacking the enemies with a sword :P
I atually tried doing a build around so thats what i came up with and works pretty well i must say.
Stats
Vig:40
Att:14
End:39
Vit:22
Str:14
Dex:20
Int:40
Faith:10

Armor: Lorians Set

Weapons: Darkmoon Longbow, you can add a longsword if you like, preferably with crystal infusion.

Rings: Favor +3, Life +3, Chloranthy +3, Scholar +3
* alert
Just get 40 dex and use pharis's with dark arrows. You'll get much better results.
Uhm... dude... there is no scholar ring +3 ...
It's really easy to hit 500+ AR on an int build with this. All you need to do is equip another weapon instead.
HAHAHAHA!
This is sad , the bow looks great and from a lore point of view this bow could have been something powerful. Heck at least it could have some thing like "shot into the air to rain tons of arrows to your enemy. Real shame.
I'm glad that they didn't do that, honestly that would have to do so little damage per-arrow that it wouldn't be worth using as it would be beyond broken if it did decent damage per-arrow. Plus **** that attack, whoever came up with it needs to be shot.
That would've saved this bow Imo. The amount of arrows would be less than alrdritch uses, obviously, and the arrows would have no tracking like in phase one. I feel like around 60-70% damage would be good damage for the arrows from the rain. It's just a shame that the weapon of a literal god has worse damage than a standard bow.
I know people hate this bow, but I find it rather valuable on my sorcerer, who already had 18 dex anyway because of using a crystal lothric knight sword as her main non-staff weapon. Along with moonlight arrows, it's a half-decent way to punish bad rolling while preserving FP for more powerful spells.

Minuslee

Souls: 200.00
Wiki Edits: 30
At 16/40 it gets 239 ar(109phys/130mag). From16 to 40 dex you only gain 5ar. 40 to 60 int gains 13ar. Tested out the damage a bit against hollow soldiers at highwall. W/magic clutch ring i did 300dmg/396 with WA for comparison soul arrow(w/177spellbuff plus all boosting items) did 383dmg. Not the best but definitely useful when trying to conserve fp.

Minuslee

Another comparison to the standard longbow(248r with a 50/50 build) did 281/375with WA so its actually better most of the time against enemies that don't resist magic. Also dont be cheap standard arrows will lose a good 70-100ar

Minuslee

Tested again against deacons in irithyll as they resist magic

Minuslee

Longbow did 276/367 darkmoon did 162/204 and when i switched to standard i did 171/195 so use regular arrows against mag resistant enemies

Minuslee

This is almost as much damage as soul arrow(173/196)