Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I **** hate this broken piece of ****. It's a halberd with great club poise, a broken weapon art (that can potentially give you more poise!), ridiculous damage and a great club r2. What the **** where from soft thinking when they made this?! Screw you if you use this, seriously. It's even more broke than the splitleaf.
Lol git gud scrub
Ur just salty cuz I probably killed you with it
splitleaf is literally just a black knight glaive mixed with the wolf knight greatsword that can be buffed but does less damage

The_Trickster_Loki

Souls: 45.00
Wiki Edits: 11
mad cuz bad
People still think the Splitleaf is broken? People still get caught by that?
This weapon like the splitleaf are predictable easily parried. Also its attacks can easily be punished these are ways I have beaten players who use this weapon. - Punish them with a long reaching weapon right as they finish their weapon art. - Fake them out and use the back step thrust attack with rapiers or katana/spear charge attacks. - Spells work too if you can space yourself and time it right. (not hard considering how slow it is)
You don't even understand why this thing is so broken, and you're *****ing about it being broken? That's cute. Didja know that you don't even have to finish the weapon art; you can just spam L2? Didja know that L2 has UGS level poise? Didja know that L2 can't be parried? Didja know that L2 deals Greathammer poise damage? Didja know that L2 not only costs less stamina than R1; it also packs higher attack speed and deals max damage on hit? Didja know that everyone telling you to chill out and modify your strategy are assuming that everyone who uses the Crucifix are scrubs who only spam R1? Didja know that most people who use the Crucifix are above casul? Didja know that you needed to git gud? Well now you know; AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!
DS3 players do nothing but whine. No wonder the Souls community is so bad compared to 2011-2012 years. *****ing PC players.
"Casters need options to blahblashblah". THEY HAVE **** OPTIONS! You want a ss? grab a longsword, make it crystal/dark/lightning. You want a gs? Moonlight gs. You want an ultra greatsword? Astora greatsword, make it crystal/dark/lightning. You want a great hammer? Great wooden hammer, crystal/dark/lightning. Do i need to continue? Even if casters didn't have options, they would need GOOD options, not broken ones. On my sl90 int build i have one of each type of weapon infused crystal and they all perform fantastically. And most of these people who rush to defend this thing every time someone calls it what it is (broken), are people who play at sl120. I don't even need to mention that this has the halberd speed with great hammer poise, we all know how stupid that is.
What the hell is the point of being a caster if you're just going to use regular weapons anyways? Your comment is spectacularly stupid

The_Trickster_Loki

Souls: 45.00
Wiki Edits: 11
you must be a casual if you cant beat any weapon with your build at SL120, otherwise your build sucks or you do.
Don't understand at all the people that are so overwhelmingly upset about this weapon. It's a halberd, it's slow and can be parried, it has a predictable moveset, spamming the WA exposes people to backstabs for a solid 3 seconds each. Everyone always getting so **** angry about this game.
Implies casters have options then labels weapons rather than spells which makes casters....you know, casters. Your argument was flawed from the get go. Also, you suck. It's a Glaive, get good. I can only imagine how hard you would struggle against a Dark Lothric Knight Sword if you struggle vs the Crucifix.
Also yeah. Cause SL 120 actually requires effort to win at. SL 90 is for people scared of meta level. Chin up.
You're right Anon, don't worry about the replies, there'll always be scrubs who want to convince themselves that they're actually good at PvP when in actuality it's just that their weapon is broken. This is Santier's spear all over again, you can call them on it all you want, but you'll just get the basic-bitch "git gud" replies or "nuh-uh! It has this weakness!" even though that's besides the point since having a weakness doesn't change whether or not something is broken... People just can't accept reality.
git gud
Complaining about other people complaining. Typical plebian dummy
Do you mean to say that you're not skilled enough to beat a noob equipped with a basic-*****-stick? Git gud, scrub.
This game is all about weaponry tho rather than skill. Straight Swords are evidence of this fact. Which is the only thing you can complain about. If you struggle fighting a Glaive...you just suck. This thing is strong but so easy to roll backstab.
What level should be the upgrade for the weapon? +x?
Huh? It maxes out at +5.
I mean, I guess the guy was lagging since DS3 often has extreme cases of phantom range if your opponent is lagging, but I entered the swamp at SL25 and a guy with full hazel armor and this invaded me and killed me.
It was kinda annoying since for some reason my sunbro couldn't attack him/damage him and he seemed to have way higher stats as he took hardly no damage from my attacks compared to him nearly instantly killing me.
This has nothing to do with this weapon other than that he used it.
Any weapon has phantom range when the guy's lagging and it's stupid to see him swinging him over there and get hit while standing meters away.
But welp. Also I just hate people who don't upgrade to invade low level players. Come on.
Someone got twinked. Yeah, Armor doesn't make taht big of difference lategame, but early on against +3 weapon DPS...? 35% Damage Reduction shows. Twinks suck, but they're generally designed for gank-spanking. DS's PvP community is pretty*****ty group. On one side, you've got the twinkers *****ing about getting ganked, on the otherside, you've gankers *****ing about getting twinked. Can't we all just lay off the Estus and display a chivalrous bow, before we murder each other in one on one combat? Worst Twinks are the SL 20s that have max estus; my gawd, the chugging...
Complaining about twinking in DS3...you dudes would of never survived the PS3 DeS/DS1 era of twinks...
Why didnt she use this weapon when i summoned her for midir. Shira wrecked me in ng+2 to the point where she always almost 1 shot me with the weapon art
She does; but Crucifix deals split Dark/Physical damage, both of which Midir resists. Because it's split damage, Midir's dual resists practically ruins the Crucifix's AR. Quit *****ing about Shira not using a bad weapon choice against Midir, and be grateful that she aims for the face with Lightning Arrow (Midir's one and only weakness).
Ignore that guy he's dumb

Black_Iron_Bob

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00
It's a shame this weapon is found in the ass-end of Nowhere after killing the last dlc boss of The Ringed City. I'm not going to want to bother using it if I've literally beaten the entire game. Also Gael is a bull*****boss that I don't want to suffer through. Hopefully when I finally play Dark Souls 3 and do a Corrupted Paladin build someone will trade me this weapon at a low level or I'll just hack it in if I have to.
You don't need to kill Gael to get it though.
"Hopefully when I finally play Dark Souls 3..." - You must have some serious spare time for you to spend it *****ing on wiki pages of obscure weapons in a game you apparently don't play.
Great weapon, totally one worth building around. Just curious as to who has been editing the page. Since when has Dark Blade improved R1 Spam? Dark Blade just increases AR; it doersn't effect your stamina costs or swing speed. As for the noob who mentioned that spiel about "strength scaling is better than faith scaling," you really need to do some math on that. Strength increases physical scaling only; Faith increases physical AND dark scaling simultaneously. 2 * D > 1 * C. But dat two-handing DPS doe! Shawdup. Faith also increases the spellbuff of your Talismans/Chimes, which increases the damage added by Dark Blade. A solid Faith investment grants significantly higher AR than a strength investment, even when two-handing. Weapon is a bit wonky when it comes to scaling. Intelligence softcaps at 10; Strength softcaps at 40 (27 if two-handing); and faith softcaps/hardcaps (thanks to the dual scaling, it literally peaks at) 50. Run Yorshka's Chime and Dark Blade with 40/10/50, and you'll be hitting over 800 AR, WITHOUT Clutch/Blindfold. On a weapon with spear-like range, greatsword speed and hyper armor, and a short range quick attack that can't be parried, deals Great hammer-esque poise damage, and packs UGS hyper armor. Yeah, the Crucifix is bull*****on so many levels, it's no wonder why so many hate it.
thanks for saying this, because ive been looking for a way to build around it but i couldnt figure out any of the weapons soft/hard caps. this is probably the most useful comment on this page
they say it increases r1 spam capabilities because fextra thinks the dark sword is still top of meta. but in all seriousness, its because the damage is flat which makes it better for multihits more then anything.
Lol people are actually complaining about this weapon? It's a Glaive...which means it's susceptible to backstabs and slow. The only thing you can dare complain about is Straight Swords. They are the main offender in this game.

BlNeYo

Casual
Convict

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Some people in DS community really love to call weapon OP when it is slightly better than garbage
Umm... Slow? Buddy, for the amount of AR, hyperarmor, and range this thing is capable off; it might as well be a *****ing lightning strike. You essentially get two of the best damage types (Strike and Dark) on a weapon that combines the AR and reach of a UGS with the hyperarmor, speed, and weight of a Greatsword. Not only that, but this thing packs a movepool that's arguably better than Splitleaf; The R2s are ripped straight from Greathammers, and the L1 can be quickly spammed with additional hyperarmor for no FP and stupidly low stamina cost (AND the L1 can't be parried). Yeah, you can backstab someone wielding this; you can also backstab a curved sword wielder just as easily. Compared to straightswords, this has higher effective DPS (thanks to that Strike & Dark damage), Range, Hyperarmor, Poise damage, and Parry punishment. You've also got a weapon art that is Godly 2/3rds of the time, & widespread panic inducing the rest of the time. This thing is broken as hell, and I positively love it and all the salt it brings.
OP here. Let me tell you why you're wrong. First off, AR + hyperarmor + range doesn't make a weapon a "lightning strike" in that case; the Greatsword or Hollowslayer are lightning strikes? No, because you probably don't struggle vs those. Your entire argument is listing the pros and not the cons. Which doesn't relate to my comment. It's slow, and susceptible to backstabs. Doesn't make it broken or worth complaining about if those two factors are in place. Yes, it is a VERY good and viable weapon because of the reasons you listed. But that doesn't make it broken at all. People just suck. The only thing I can say that is broken in this game is elemental straight swords. But that's only because they are way too fast and have too good recovery for the damage they can do on a Dark/Chaos/Crystal/Lightning build.
Different anon here, @the OP: "if you ignore the pros, it's not OP", is basically your argument. What makes it OP is it's pros... your argument has no logic either, having weaknesses doesn't make something not OP. Everything has a weakness or two. Type matchups are a thing. Everything that anon pointed out is why this thing is clearly ez mode. Going by your logic, the PKCS isn't OP because it can be handled with longer reach like spears or parrying. Yes, backstabs CAN work if the person doesn't know what they're doing, but that isn't even relevant. I've been using this and it's really easy to win with, i'd say it's a great gank spanking weapon because it's so good. I regularly hit 400+ damage when buffed, i win in trades every time. The L1 is dumb. It's very fast, takes as much stamina as an r1 and has no fp cost with a***** ton of poise. Mix up r1s, L1s and r2s and you rek. The only thing that i've fought that clearly gives this trouble is Gundyr's halberd, specifically the charge as even with 48 poise i get knocked out of my hyperarmor before i can hit them out of their weapon skill. The r2 is nothing to mess with either, that reach and poise is ridiculous.
OP here again. No, I come from a different mindset. If anything has more than one counter...it's not op. If you think this is. I can only imagine how you fared against DS1 pre patch hornet ring or a TWoG build or DS2 infinite stuns. PKCS isn't op. The only reason that weapon is good because of its swing speed and roll catching. If you are good at avoiding being hit...guess what? It isn't op! Especially since it's damage is terrible vs good armor. Anyways, back to crucifix. No, it isn't op. Yes, that is my argument. I have chain backstabbed someone multiple times every single time they have used the L2. It is so goddamn easy to block bs or roll bs so don't give me that. The only thing that would counter that sort of play is if someone has terrible internet...that's a different story though. Again. It's a Glaive...it's slow, and it doesn't even do that much damage WITHOUT a buff. So the person need to rely on Dark Blade...oh look! Another counter to the weapon! USe that against them. Wait out their buff or use a charm. You can whiff punish the hell out of this weapons swings with a SS or CS because of how slow it is. If you play around this weapons crutches...it's almost laughable. This weapon requires someone to either trade or make a crucial mistake. Which means it isn't the weapon but the persons fault. All people do with this weapon is force you to trade with them. You can easily counter play with reactivity to bait their swings. I have never struggled against this weapon and god I have so many hours in this game. This weapon is probably good against noobs who don't know any better...but in that case any weapon can be.
Oh, lol. Your mindset is ridiculous, i'm not going to bother. PKCS is literally objectively the best weapon in the game and S tier meta, but it's not OP? Okay, that's honestly just laughable. Not even worth considering. If literally the most efficient to use and easy to use weapon isn't OP to you, then nothing is.
Also, the crucifix doesn't "rely on Dark Blade", it still hits like 358 per r1 unbuffed... I can tell you haven't actually used the weapon. You want to think that you can space, but an experienced crucifix user knows to follow an r1 up with an L2 as the hyperarmor frames are literally instant. It's like trying to space/interrupt a Greatsword (the UGS) user spamming r1, the hyperarmor frames from the last r1 carry into the next hit. If that doesn't ring a bell or is hard to understand, the Harald Greatsword is another example where if they proceed into the weapon skill you'll be forced into a trade. You just don't really know the weapon's strengths, i regularly beat straight sword users with this.
This weapon is a monstrosity. Wreck noobs at sl120 invasions