Anything related to Dark Souls!

DualWieldRustedCoins

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,876.00
30 minutes playing , 20 minutes on the floor. Any magic camera setting can cure this?
flamingshorts on Bloodborne

ckmishn

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,315.00
Wiki Edits: 6
If you're playing on PC with the original version there's a mod that lets you change the FOV. If you're using the remastered I don't know if changing this is an option (though on PC, if it isn't, I'm sure there'll be a new mod eventually).

Anyway, try raising the FOV, which will have the effect of reducing how quickly the screen moves. If that doesn't work I don't know what else would.

lordherpie

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 741.00
Eat well, sleep well and try again no alcohol.
Sucks to get simulatiin sick in games, my wife gets that too, but only in 'the witness' i think becuase it has no hud and is first person, so nothing on the screen is fixed.

If the above doesnt help, increase hud size...or decrease resolution. I dont know if thatll help, its an experiment based on 'the witness' - phenomenon

Bonaduce80

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 696.00
It's happened to me when watching someone play. Probably because when you are in control you know how and when you are going to move the camera so you are better prepared than a spectator. I never had that issue with DS or DeS on ps3 but playing Scholar of the First Sin I had to change the speed with which the camera would rotate when looking around: it did feel several times faster than in DS. I don't know if the remake allows it, hopefully will.

Side note, that's exactly what happens to me with first person games, and why I can't do FPS whatsoever. Even more methodical games ñike Skyrim will cause the effect after a couple of hours playing...

ElvesRule

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 7,451.00
Did you try turning off the option in Camera, something like automatic something wall something? Somebody jump in and say what I mean. From always has this herky jerky camera resetting that makes me dizzy until I turn it off.

DualWieldRustedCoins

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,876.00
ElvesRule I did that and moved my chair back a bit. Seems to have fixed the problem. Dont know how I'll go with VR if I ever try it. There was a game with parkcour like movement that left me on the floor in fetal position moaning "This too shall pass" for 30 minutes.
flamingshorts on Bloodborne
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 305,645.49
Bank: 8,194.71
Wiki Edits: 23841
I get motion sickness very easy - it's super hard to watch other people play as I can't keep up with any sort of camera jerkyness so I understand how you feel!

I don't have the problem with Dark Souls, thankfully, but usually the solution is to remove any sort of auto-center for camera, remove any "sway" (like GOW has), and yes sit far back from big screens!
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

ElvesRule

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 7,451.00
I would get a PSVR except I’m very worried about motion sickness. Some really great sounding games are starting to come out lately.

As for sway, I have not been able to figure what that does in GoW. 🤷‍♀️
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 305,645.49
Bank: 8,194.71
Wiki Edits: 23841
Do not get a VR set if you get sick you won’t be able to play. I really wanted to play Skyrim and could not (well the graphics were awful too that didn't help, but really I couldn't last 5 minutes)
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 1,860.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 460
With VR I had to train myself. First night I tried too long and had a hangover for a day and a half.

Went about 15 to 20 minutes a night for awhile and eventually played no problem. I have to do this on a per game basis sometimes.

Also, if you can move your body a little and simulate what's happening on screen that can help a ton
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon