Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

How to kill these things in a straight fight:
All you have to do is get close, disable target lock, and keep rolling parallel to the pig, towards its rear. Hack away at its ***. It has no way of damaging you if you are standing by its rear legs; it has to turn to face you (if it does manage to face you, just roll down to its backside again). If you are standing too near the front legs, though, it can hit you when it violently swings its head from side to side. What you need to watch out for is when there is some distance between you and the pig - then it becomes much more dangerous. If it charges at you, run away as it can only charge a certain maximum distance, and if the charge connects you will almost always die. If the pig notices you and you are medium distance away, sprint towards it while it is still angrily stamping the ground at noticing you. By the time you get close, it will no longer be in charging range, and you can just do the thing where you roll towards its ***.
Never fight two of these things at the same time.
They actually have a quick bucking kick that they can do if you're standing behind them that they can perform with minimal windup. Their behind is only a safe place if they don't know that you're there.

Zethras

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 107.00
Wiki Edits: 8
What drives me completely nuts about these mother*****ing oversized hams is the INSANE tracking of their charge....good Lord, I tried in every *****ing possible way to dodge it, but it's almost impossible to dodge...no matter how hard I try, every *****ing time I try to dodge their charge it looks like I have a mother*****ing magnet on my *****ing head...they ALWAYS get me...oneshotting me, most of the times..... =____=

Zethras

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 107.00
Wiki Edits: 8
And, yes.....I'm EXTREMELY salty
Old hunter bone! If you're not using one, yeah, the charge basically WILL hit you no matter what.
I haven't had too much trouble dodging that attack, just gotta go for it at the last second and dodge roll toward them. At least, that's what works for me....

Sc4recroW

Souls: 50.00
So I was just now messing around in Hypogean Gaol and accidentally discovered that if one of these guys charges into another one it will hurt the one that was in the line of fire. In my case it instantly killed one of the pigs making the area far easier to clear. I don't have video proof but you're welcome to try it out yourself if you don't believe me.
Performing a visceral on this thing from the rear involves giving the pig a "prostate exam", where you shove your whole arm into the pig's anus. Don't do it if you want your player character to have a clean conscience.
mergo's loft pigs are amazing for blood echo farming, especially with the 3 moon runes