Comments made to our Salt & Sanctuary Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Maybe it was a bad idea to fight this guy with the Tachi lol
Blessed page + weapon = all boses weakness :)

Hiob

Souls: 65.00
Wiki Edits: 2
Thought the same after the first death ;)
It was a long fight, but with holy damadge on the Tachi it worked in the end.
Tgis guy is a rotten asian ***
You mad bro?
Died to poison well I was in my death animation, got the Salt but...

Didn't get his drop item.
This is SO Abyss Walker Artorias from Dark Soul's 1. Even down to the lore.
Well I wouldn't say lore but the moveset and theme are there, but he reminds me more of the Fume knight of DS2 only in terms of lore though.
nope.
Artorias didn't flee from his leaders, as Cran fled from Jaret. Cran is more of a villain than Artorias in my eyes.
Although I agree, there's no doubt that Cran is a reference to Artorias
Beat him first try, naked, with lightning bolt, lightning barrage, and fire guardian. EZ
Mireheart Charm + Teuthis Shield = EZ mode
Due to the lovely power of a all attacks 100% resist 95.5 stagger resist Iron Rampart shield, here is the list of all attacks Ronin Cran does in both phases.

Phase 1

Bends back and twists body, then leaps forward low to the ground. Damages during leap and thrusts sword forward at the end.

Leaps backwards, often uses dash after.

Rears back then forward thrusts.

Rears back then charges forward and deals damage as he does. Can combo into kick then/or an uppercut.

Stops and then channels to gain an aura of dark magic. Not sure what it does, but I think it ups his damage.

Overhead swing that often combos into a leap, may combo a kick before leap if magically charged.

Phase two

Faster attack rate

Charge that almost always combos into a kick and then an uppercut then overhead.

Rear back and thrust, kick, overhead combo

If still in range of last move, double overhead

If very far from him, bends down and then does a massive leap while spinning like a buzzsaw. Covers 60-75% of battle area.

These are the moves I saw him use in both phases. I don't know hwo to edit wikis well so if anyone could better summerize this and add it to his fight section, that would be lvoely, thansk.
SO EASY
all I do is put on the lamprey armor, wield the pruina scutum, walk up to the guy, block for ten minutes, and he dies.
The easiest way to kill Ronin Cran is to equip any shield that blocks 100% physical damage. Block and get in maybe one slash here and there until he starts charging up his dark magic. Then wail on him until he goes super saiyan. Then block until the magic wears off and wait for him to charge it again.

This method is somewhat slow, but I've found over several playthroughs and builds that Cran can often punish you during periods where you might think it safe to sneak in an attack or two. His blows are deceptively fast. If you do decide to get greedy, at least stay defensive when he has his dark aura up. His damage is no joke when he's charged with dark energy.