Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

can NG+ players play with NG players?
Yes
Si
My current build requires sl 140. What is the sl range for invasions/invader for that? I'm too dumb to figure out the above calculators. :(
116-164
I need help defeating the watchers I’m level 28 SupGamerBoss9 someone please help
XBox, Playstation, PC?

Saris

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00
Well, you can always have Sirris and Black Hand Gotherd help... Or Pale Shade and Gotherd. Always roll, and focus as much damage as possible on the main Watcher... or if going solo, once the extra Watchers revive, run away and have them three fight each other out. They will stop seeing you and attack each other.
If I turn matchmaking to OFF can I be summoned I to lower player level games or do you always need a password to bypass the level match?
Bruh. If you turn matchmaking off how will you be summoned?

Saris

Addicted
First Warden

Cross Region Match Making? That is to have your world opened up for Asia and Europe? Or I think just Asia, so I believe USA, South America and Europe are one server? Or I think USA and Europe and then Asia and South America? Summon and invasion ranges are about 15 levels below your current SL and then 15 above... If you have someone use a password then their level is bypassed and you can have them join your world but have their stats scaled down to about your level. So a SL 120 players can still use their UGS, but their HP will be reduced by a certain amount, but not the amount that matches the host. Damage is scaled down too. Vitality is not scaled down so if you were to have a vitality of 80 and medium roll in HAVELS while using two Dark Hands then that player can still medium roll at a scaled down SL of 20
Matchmaking off - The world minus Japan
Matchmaking on - including Japan . So I believe.
Im level 96 and would like help beating Oceiros the consumed king please. Thank you
I won ....

Saris

Addicted
First Warden

Well, sure, but just use gold Resin or Lightning blade. Also Hawkwood can be summoned. Oceiros is easily dodged and having two players deal enough damage but also dodge attacks is a must.
I can halp u
So i cant get invasions because i leveled up my pontiff knight curved sword to +5. Great.

Saris

Addicted
First Warden

Yep... all Weapons that use Scales, Twinkling titanite are special weps with that 2,4,6,8,10 ... But if you're in the Pontiff area then really you can just restart and then run through Undead Settlement not kill Cursewood, then run through Road of Sacrifices, use Charcoal Resin for Crystal Sage... Get the Sewer key to rescue Irina and get Eygon to help with Sage... Get Dreamchasers Ashes to help fight the Deacons... The NPC summons for Deacons is great, though not good for Twin Princes. There is always plenty of PVP at lower levels to keep ya busy.
how does this work with weapons that only go up to 5+?
Weapon level x 2 for unique/boss weapons.
So that means:
+1 = +2
+2 = +4
Etc....
what good lvl to stop for coop and getting invaded ?
From testing, it seems many people stop at lvl 100, so plan where you can still include lvl 100 in your range.
in DS 1 and DS 2 Lvl 125 was Meta for PvP
In dark souls 3 the pvp meta is 120
First info before the question:
I'm lvl 129, ng+10 with +10 weapons
I rarely see summoning signs
I solo all the bosses for most runs, but it is boring
I picked lvl 129 so i'd be at the lowest level possible that is able to have access to people up to lvl 150, since I thought that was the most common level people stop.
The only two bosses it'd be nice to co-op with are dancer and twin princes.

Question: What level should I be to ensure I will find people to co-op for dancer and twin princes? I am willing to restart if I'm too high lvl.
thats meta levels, and ng cycle doesn't affect summoning system
But meta levels died out, rest of them who still play this game now twinking at lower levels.
If you want pvp/co-op make a character for desired location, 50 +6 will give you most activity from farron keep and cathedral of the deep up to lothric castle, arch dragon peak and beginning of first dlc
wow, level 50? I don't see how you can do much more than a lightweight melee character with that. Makes it tough to be a pyro. I do remember when i was at 100 there were quite a few signs, maybe i should stick to 100 +8, since you said meta isn't a thing anymore.

I guess I could test, by going to the twin prince and dancer boss fights as lvl 50 and then add 50 more levels to compare the difference in number of signs.

Last year I played through NG+ with a SL1 and saw no signs, maybe there are people doing that now.

I've also tried at lvl 150 and the only guy i could summon died in one hit each time.
I just went back to an older save where i was 123 +8 at the twin prince fight and there were 5 signs. To test, I upgraded to +10 and the same signs were there. Interestingly, the same person had his sign down that I could see when I was lvl 129 and lvl 150 when I tested those levels. He had to be between lvl 125 and 140 for me to see him with all 3 levels. The others i did not see with lvl 129 or 150, so they had to be less than lvl 107. My conclusion is that I should stay at a level where I can see level 100 or below, so i should stick to lvl 123 or even 120 to be safe. It's just so boring to do all the bosses alone.
Are you sure you have cross-region matchplay on? Cause im 131 and I get summoned and find summon signs pretty easily, only Dancer could be a little hard. If you cant find signs for Princes, try looking at Grand Achives bonfire. Also check if your NAT type is atleast open or moderate ( 2 or 3 ) and enable uPnP in your router settings on your computer.
"Are you sure you have cross-region matchplay on?" No, I had it off, I'll give it a try! thank you.
Ok, so i turned it on and not much difference. I'm as far as wolnir in this run and so far there was just 1 sign for dancer and the rest had none. I've been invaded a couple times though. Maybe 122 is just the wrong level. I have a lvl 100 I can switch to. I'm used to it though, the first year I had this game I had an older system so I couldn't go online due to frame rate drop and had to solo everything. It's nice to play with people for a change.
It would be nice if there were a common password people used so they could co-op even if there is no level near theirs. Maybe there is and I don't know about it? I read there was one on this wiki site, but nothing showed when I used it.

Promethean

Souls: 60.00
Wiki Edits: 2
Fextra is the official password for this forum, most of us will be using that password & if you ask for assist here that's the best way to do it