Discuss Bloodborne and Yharnam lore, theories, beasts and the secrets of the land.

joey.rawr

Souls: 271.50
I feel like with the free download on PS+ there should be a lot more people jumping onto the forums to discuss their personal theories of what happened in the game.

Out of curiosity whos still around reading, playing, and dredging up lore tidbits for the new shoal of people just discovering the game?

More so, who of those new players came here to read and learn more about this beautiful masterpiece of a game, just to find the community very much dissolved?
Ex-U.S Army, Adult Performer, Speedrunner, and Souls advocate.

I'm often on the opposite end of popular opinion asking one question:
"By whose standards?"

zombie1808

Souls: 187.00
beat the game for the 6th time now , sick of it .
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,509.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 460
Historically, when a Souls game has a sale or other reason to have a quick spurt of sales it creates a small uptick in "can someone help me kill ___" or "where's the ____" kind of inquiries. Sometimes a new lore hunter emerges, but not too often.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

joey.rawr

Souls: 271.50
It just seems sad because there are always going to be new fans just discovering this stuff and there's basically no new content to be viewed.
Ex-U.S Army, Adult Performer, Speedrunner, and Souls advocate.

I'm often on the opposite end of popular opinion asking one question:
"By whose standards?"

demonofthefall

Souls: 62.50
Hi there,

I am one of those few people who never played Bloodborne until a couple weeks ago. I haven't finished it yet, but I've been completely captivated by the lore and have probably spent more time digging into the story around the web than I've spent in the game! At least over the last few days. That's finally brought me here, and I think a new lore hunter has been born!

I've never played any Souls game and I owned BB for a long time (think I grabbed it super cheap during a sale) before finally diving in. After buying it I had some friends (who aren't into Souls/BB) bias my thinking on the level of difficulty and frustration ahead of me and I went in with a bad mindset. I think I got killed by the first beast, wandered around in the Hunter's Dream for ages because I couldn't find a way out (lol - like a really long time), finally got back to the beast and got killed again, and quit! Left BB in the cabinet for at least a year and a half, and after beating God of War I started thinking about it again, especially after taking down the valkyries. I'd also beaten Cuphead before that...all this made my thinking on BB seem pretty silly in retrospect. Watched a 10 minute vid for beginners, jumped in and fell more in love with the game than I ever expected.

So, while I don't really have anything to add at this point to the conversation about lore, there are definitely still noobs out there who appreciate all the previous thought and discussion that's gone into that side of the game.

And to think, after BB all the Souls games await!

Chaosmancer93

I was so excited for a possible BB2 I just started a new build this morning. Not quite as much variation as souls games but awesome weapons and story. I don't play it all the time but I still love it

Bert

Casual
Convict

Souls: 365.50
I got into BB with the free month on PSN as well. Thing is there wasn´t really anything I could add about the lore, or the game as a whole. It seems pretty much anything has been pointed out by people more invested than me. No matter what it is, there seems to be always a theory already that one can go with. I just think there isnt much to discover at this point for a lore hunter, at least not anything that feels warranted to make a thread about.

Cnestoral

Just found this post. Yeah I am still addicted to this game. Friend let me borrow it way back when it came out. Couldn't get past the first part of the first level. Rage quit, gave it back. Got it when it free download and it just finally clicked. I got. I understood what I did not before. I'm currently at the point where I can fight Gherman/Moon Presence or do the DLC. I started the DLC and got Ludwig down to like 10% health. The lore in this amazes me. Never before have I done so much research on the lore of a game. I started looking into Lovecraft's work. This game has consumed me.