Discuss Nier as well as the comments posted to our Nier Automata Wiki

Can confirm that the spawn point near the tower works on route A/B as well. It's very random though, anything from a simple gadget to a gold ore.
Where the hell in desert did someone find one? Ive combed it for hours with no result.
Guys, easiest way to get this:
Change difficulty to EASY and equip those auto chips. Play the hacking game in challange mode. You won't die with these chips. Beat all 48 stages, and the reward inclues all 3 tiers of this gadget type material.
This is by far the best way, tried all sorts of farming locations from this page. This beats any sort of running around picking up items method.

Bastiat

Souls: 50.00
Is this repeatable? I didn't get the reward the second time.
I sold my auto chips a long time ago, now nobody sell that to me anymore. What do I do?
What hacking game?

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,151.50
Wiki Edits: 277
After you reach route B, a hacking arcade opens up in the save points. It gives rewards based on how many you can beat without dying.
Resistance camp shop has the auto chips, in case you sold them and want them back.

Darktangent

Huh...I cleared 26 stages and it finished...no rewards since I finished 25 before...how do you do the whole thing?

Darktangent

Why not just do the two quests listed that give 5 each and be done with it rather than have to discover all the hacking minigames?
Found one using the dynamic scanner on the path to the Virtuous Grief in the Forest. It is in the center of the path before you jump to the area where the Grief is located
Transport/travel to Forest Castle: Royal Chamber.
If already cleared the game, pick chapters after A2 kills the forest king(that infant)
Its replaced by a harvest point that gives gold ore, simple gadget, elborate gadget. Once you get it just save and reload, rinse and repeat since it wont spawn elaborate gadget everytime.
Got two in a row in the royal chamber but nly worked after killing the 4 enemys in the first room

Darktangent

What enemies in the 1st room? I load from the royal chamber spot and nothing spawns.
For those attempting the Royal Chamber farming route: I found that if you kill the 4 enemies that spawn in the antechamber before heading to the cradle, the drops get progressively better e.g. crystal --> gold ore --> simple gadget --> elaborate gadget, which is how I got it in about 5 reloads.

Darktangent

What enemies that spawn?
Confirmed. Chapter 17.
En el bosque, hay un campamento de robots, después de un rato curioseando con el escaner, encontré un camino que me permitió subir por encima de unas roca y obtener el arma "pesar virtuoso", a mitad del camino hacia esa arma, usando el escaner pude obtener este material.\
In the forest, there is a robot camp, after a while browsing through the scanner, I found a path that allowed me to climb over some rock and get the weapon "virtuous grief", halfway to that weapon, using the scanner I was able to obtain this material

Darktangent

Both quests listed here apparently give 5 and not just one, so you get all you need right there. Seems pointless to farm from the spawn points when you can just wait till your third playthrough and do these quests.
Encontré un dispositivo cerca de la ciudad con el escáner inmediatamente después del aterrizaje en la ciudad durante la ruta B, estando en ciudad centro nos movemos con dirección al árbol gigante sobre los edificios, con direccion a donde se forma el agujero gigante por la explosión de los Engels en capítulos posteriores./I found a device near the city with the scanner immediately after the landing in the city during the route B, being in center city we move towards the giant tree on the buildings, with direction to where the giant hole is formed by the explosion of the Engels in later chapters