Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

Back_Lot_Basher

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 20,665.00
Wiki Edits: 13
That dragon riding hoser in Archdragon Peak absolutely has my number. Between PS4 and Xbox One, over 9 playthroughs, I have never once been able to take him down on my own. For as much as I complained about Aldrich, I did get him once on my own. Not this guy, though. So relentless. Judging by the number of hosts who collapse on the ground in thanks after I lend a hand, I"m not the only one this guy terrorizes.

Anyone else have a boss that gives them nightmares every time?
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"
Try finding a YouTube vid to help you out. Before I thought Nameless King was really hard, but back then his difficulty was just exaggerated. I was scared of him when I was SL 140, but then later I beat him at SL 84. Then I beat Darkeater Midir at SL 35. It's really just a matter of fighting him over and over and over again till you understand a boss.

Drayelya

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 742.00
Well the only boss I’ve never been able to solo so far is Pontiff Sulyvahn. As far as non-dlc goes. I always need Gotthard to tank or another person to help. As for the DLC it’s Sister Friede and the demon prince. I can never manage to beat them for whatever reason, even on my sorcerer, and boy does my little sorcerer girl hit hard. Everyone else I’ve managed to solo. Nameless King was a joke against my sorcerer. Of course crystal soul spears to the face don’t exactly tickle...unless your fricking Midir or the demon prince.

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,597.01
Back_Lot_Basher wrote:That dragon riding hoser in Archdragon Peak absolutely has my number. Between PS4 and Xbox One, over 9 playthroughs, I have never once been able to take him down on my own. For as much as I complained about Aldrich, I did get him once on my own. Not this guy, though. So relentless. Judging by the number of hosts who collapse on the ground in thanks after I lend a hand, I"m not the only one this guy terrorizes.

Anyone else have a boss that gives them nightmares every time?

i had a real easy time with that boss solo at only sl59 +8 upgrade with a 60 faith glasscanon guy. i had the best miracle catalyst, yorshka's chime, and witchtree branch other hand just for adding casting speed to my main chime. cast denial spell before go in, it a lifesaver. and i was under 30% weight as the longer rolls also help greatly not to get hit.

the dragon is so weak to lightning that he went down with only 2 sunlight spears (i killed endboss first, so i had the spell).
the dude self has high lightning resistance, but he bleeds like hell. so i just spammed dory's gnawing. denial spell allowed me to get hit some without dying.

after all it felt like a walk in the park.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,027.00
Friede, she's an absolute horror! I've done her with Gael, but never solo. But I think I can take her on with a dagger now.
I did kill the King of storms though, but it was like a hundred tries! Not even joking, it may have been more.
Back then I was using Fume, but today I think the dagger will do the trick against any boss. If I don't panic of course, I do that a lot...

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 18,906.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2140
Well i could make a list....
- Nameless King at n° one of course
- Oceiros...he always kills me on phase two...i was able to beat him solo just once, with my Dex-Faith
- Abyss Watcher phase two.....since phase one i always survive....on phase two solo I always die...
- Sister Friede
- Demon Prince
- Darkeater Midir
- Slave Knight Gael

I think Dark Souls 3 is the only Souls that i've never completed solo.....

Rizen

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,944.00
I have soloed all the bosses but had to look up strategies for several, starting with the pontiff. He would be crazy op without a parry weakness and low health. The Lothric princes give me the most trouble. His warping is really hard to account for.

...now that I think about it, I might have summoned Gael for Freide. If I pick up the game again I'll have to solo her.
Disposition shift has its benefits. If you can't hit play cause the button sticks, ignorance is bliss I can't say. There's a compass raised with familiar tone, a voice that needles you to the bone. You're left with chaos, static and delay.
-REM

Rangrok

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 2,044.00
Not in DS3 but I honestly cannot remember the last time I solo'd Lud and Zallen in the Crown of the Ivory King DLC. Both the area and the boss(es) are just so miserable that I almost always summon the NPCs to plow through everything as quickly as possible. I think I may have solo'd it once, but that once was enough and I have no desire to attempt again. Same story for the gank squad in the Crown of the Sunken King DLC. I don't even know why I go after them; I usually don't need any of the rewards. At least with Lud and Zallen they give that smexy greatsword.

Rakuyo

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 48,973.50
Wiki Edits: 9261
No.
Those who seek dark, will always find it.

Agurzil

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 68.00
Bank: 14,327.00
Wiki Edits: 710
I just remembered, I still haven't killed Gwyn in DS1... Other than that, I have killed everything in the souls series solo and with coop multiple times =)
Man takes up the sword to protect the small injuries that burdened his heart, on a distant day beyond his memories.
Man wields the sword to die with a smile on his face, on a distant day beyond his dreams.