Organize fightclubs, discuss tactics!

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,075.00
laserbreak wrote:This is why i hate PvP, too many people expecting you to follow their "etiquette" or "rules". Any dumbass who bows before fighting me is getting a zweihander to the back.

Haha! That's why I do what you do. Everyone's got their own way and many just want the fight.
I feel the most important part of etiquette is to observe your opponent, to acknowledge. In essence, that's what PvP is about as well.
Honestly I don't mind letting people buff. I used to bow and stuff but I didn't know the Honor System was a thing until i was invaded by a guy and he literally emptied his Estus in front of me. I caught on pretty quick that he wanted a fair fight. Long story short i fell into this weird glitch where you cant move (It's like a drop near the crabs in crucifixion woods by the bonfire. The guy didn't even attack me cause he could see i was stuck, even when i accidentally got a hit on him. He just dropped an ember and left. I was honestly astounded because i'd never had any experience with online dark souls before this and quite frankly I've never seen behavior like this in other games.

I don't think there are any other games out there with a Honor system like this and it completely contrasts the fair yet brutal nature of the game. I just don't want to see good guys like you and him go bad just to counter the scumbags out there that take advantage of your honorable nature. We'll end up losing the system in favor of two opposing side; Pricks who do what they can to win an unfair fight vs a bunch of Hyper-Capable, previously honorable, guys who'll use their extensive knowledge to just annihilate the opposition for fear of them being the aforementioned pricks.

I quite like the build-up that buffs provide and also the interesting fight and challenge they bring to the battle. For each buff a guy does I get excited because its building up to a battle that looks like its gonna get more difficult.

Anyway, sorry for the long post.

Rangrok

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 2,051.00
laserbreak wrote:This is why i hate PvP, too many people expecting you to follow their "etiquette" or "rules". Any dumbass who bows before fighting me is getting a zweihander to the back.

You seem to have a lot of anger...

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

I do it all the time, but never lose your temper! You're the only one to suffer from it, I promise.
You'll lose your dignity and that will make you even angrier! It is truly a viscious cycle.

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 21,179.50
Wiki Edits: 18
Rangrok wrote:

You seem to have a lot of anger...

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to suffering.
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

Anonymous wrote:Anyway, sorry for the long post.

Don't be! We all love to read, that's why we hang out at a forum ;-)

And you're right. I also think the Dark Souls community consist of very cool people for the most part!

Unbreakable_Patches

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 42.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Polyedra wrote:
Unbreakable_Patches wrote:
announakis wrote:just do not buff. Buffs are for ****** ^_-

Just throw Duel Charms if a dude buffs, normally they point down after that lmfao

Yes, which is truly rich. As if they are entitled to a buff just because they hit square. Not that I usually debuff or anything, it is just that the option is there and standing there throwing stuff is absolutely punishable. That's one of those misguided social rules that contaminate the battlefields.

Funny thing is that the item is called a **** DUEL CHARM