Cold
13%
Spiteful
0%

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,027.00
When I win I celebrate my success. When I lose I congratulate my opponent's prowess.
I lose plenty, I'm not too good actually. Think I have silver in the arena. But I try and it is a lot of fun!

Thing is how to play.
I run with swordspear and storm curved sword cause they're cool!
On my left I got black knight shield, target shield and an arbalest. (gotta wear havel's ring, cause it is a heavy-duty burden!)
With this I can do lots of moves! Glaive moveset twohanding swordspear and spear moveset onehanding. Then a quick weapon if I get intimidated.
I try to never stay passive, but when facing a greater opponent I usually have to keep them away with swordspear. Still, I try to push!

Whenever I meet someone with a great weapon I get on them with storm curved sword rather than hanging back with swordspear. I do my best to roll and keep intimate, and it does get me killed, but it is a lot more fun than playing it smart with the arbalest and swordspear! Not only fun for me but more fun for my opponent (when I can keep above the ground) as I am not playing the passive game that is their demise.
I mean, I don't have to win cheaply! It's like using a dagger with quickstep against anything heavier than an axe you have such an advantage. If you time your quicksteps and keep canceling your R1:s you will wear down anyone using anything even slightly slower. It is not fun. For me it is, sure, and it is acceptable when you are a dedicated dagger user, but it is damned cheap and thinking about the game it is not a way I want to play.

I always try to give my opponent the best chances if they need them, like switching my weapon if they are troubled handling my other one, or try to go for the parry for cools! I notice other's give me second chances too! It is great playing like that! Fun :-)

You know, I like to celebrate my victories instead of mocking my peer's bad luck or inadequacy.
I don't get upset from a proper point-down (I do, sometimes) but I can't help wondering if the person on the other end is alright. I mean, it can be a fun gesture! And a clap for poor play can also be fun! Thing is when you feel it is right and funny! It is about the spirit. Because some people are just caustic and do it out of spite. You can do what you want, but I am not the one throwing excrements on my playmates. It is like some has forgotten we are playing a game, a game. Like kids. We're all friends in this.

If someone behave badly against me I just stop playing sometimes. I mean, why play a game with someone who doesn't want to play? Why are they even playing if the people they meet in the game upset them and bring out the demon? Thing is not me, it is YOU! I'm not the one feeling these negative emotions. But I do get affected by nasty behaviour. However, I am not unhappy; only sensitive. For me it is a sign of unhappiness, and inability, to revel in the demise of your playmate rather than celebrating your own excellence! I mean, you're never gonna be happy if you never celebrate your success and instead focus on your opponent's loss!

When I get parried I always think about how well done it was! So when I hit my own I feel proud! These are moments to cherish! And when I topple an opponent and win the perfect victory I always feel that I am great rather than my opponent weak!
Like this I have lots of fun with you guys. And it is a way of handling those few weak and hurt people who look down on me. Cause it does hurt guys. Just so you know.

I think this community is the best of the games I have played. People are so friendly! For me, the best of humanity show in this game.

Tell me what you think of these thoughts :-)

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

Just now I duelled this dude and we were very even. He'd won another duel but this one was really close. I knew I could take him with the swordspear (and probably he knew that as well) but I choose to use storm curved sword.
We got down to the last sliver of health and I bet he only that single hitpoint left. He came in and I went for the parry (I sure didn't lack options, it was just the coolest thing to do). Got a partial and got killed. I felt it was a great match! We had both made good moves, in my opinion. I had fun! But this guy pointed down and threw some garbage at me. I just don't see how he didn't have fun! We were both aggressive and yet the match went on for some minutes. It really was a great match! And yet he just didn't get that. Instead of celebrating, with me, he resorted to mocking with a parry spam. I never spammed parry... I think I just did it twice and got partials for both; not poor attempts at all. I mean, it wasn't even a taunt what he did. I think he ruined his win by not recognizing the fun match!

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,597.01
my approach really depends on my opponent.

if i see respect i also respect, play fair and perform a bow gesture after i win. if i see disrespect then i'll mock the hell out of you.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

Achtpuntzes wrote:my approach really depends on my opponent.

if i see respect i also respect, play fair and perform a bow gesture after i win. if i see disrespect then i'll mock the hell out of you.

Yeah, same almost. I try to enter with an open mind, friendly, but if I get burned I just play. Then I start quitting. Cause I imagine that is the worst punishment; facing an opponent unwilling to fight. Cause those queing minutes do rack up and facing someone not fighting in a few of them quickly becomes annoýing and tedious. Mind that this punishes me just as hard though. Everyone loses! :-|

Thank you for the reply, Archtpuntzes!

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Polyedra wrote:

Yeah, same almost. I try to enter with an open mind, friendly, but if I get burned I just play. Then I start quitting. Cause I imagine that is the worst punishment; facing an opponent unwilling to fight. Cause those queing minutes do rack up and facing someone not fighting in a few of them quickly becomes annoýing and tedious. Mind that this punishes me just as hard though. Everyone loses! :-|

dude, never BC. it just saying you are a coward. u dont punish anyone with that u just wasting your own time. you know there aint queing minutes when using dried finger? i guess not.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

Achtpuntzes wrote:
Polyedra wrote:

dude, never BC. it just saying you are a coward. u dont punish anyone with that u just wasting your own time. you know there aint queing minutes when using dried finger? i guess not.

Ah well, you're right. It is the coward's way. I should never let anyone's taunts get in the way of the game! I'll better myself :-)

I just arena for now. I'm not good enough to face the harsh reality yet ;P But I want to! I wanna invade and then also use Estus, for longer and harder fights. Like get into group fights and stuff... I'll get there, Archtpuntzes; promise!

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Ok,

Im not really arena guy, im invading or hosting with dried finger. that solohosting, as i don't gank. but sometimes it fun to do 3vs3 arena with some friends. but 1vs1 i prefer post pontif fight club, solo-hosting or invadingm though that can also result in massive fights. just arena for some stupid symmbols above your name? nah, i pass...
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

Achtpuntzes wrote:Ok,

Im not really arena guy, im invading or hosting with dried finger. that solohosting, as i don't gank. but sometimes it fun to do 3vs3 arena with some friends. but 1vs1 i prefer post pontif fight club, solo-hosting or invadingm though that can also result in massive fights. just arena for some stupid symmbols above your name? nah, i pass...

Maybe I should check it? I got 50 embers to burn. Maybe I'll even make some!
I just arena cause it is easy practice, no investment but time itself. Thing is: It is more fun to play for a token. And I do need those covenants...
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 44,334.50
Wiki Edits: 564
Generally, I play the way my opponent seems to want to. I won't do anything they don't do, I will do things they do, and I don't try to enforce any rules of my own. I'll use estus if they do first, I'll 1v1 if they want to, etc. The only place I draw the line is I won't disrespect a defeated opponent.

For the most part, though, I try to make things as even as possible between myself and the other player. For example, if I want to be invaded, I'll use a dried finger while unembered to ensure we both have the same amount of HP, and only use half my estus, and I might use a giant's seed so the enemies are attacking both of us equally. Stuff like that. I won't intentionally handicap myself beyond that though, and I won't play any worse than I usually do just to give my opponent a chance. If they can't beat whatever I'm doing, then that usually means they just need more exposure to it and a chance to develop better strategies. Goodness knows I'm not actually all that good at this game; usually, any wins I get are due to equipment, not skill. If I'm ever winning, it's due to the other player making mistakes.

Polyedra

Addicted
First Warden

TSMP wrote:Generally, I play the way my opponent seems to want to. I won't do anything they don't do, I will do things they do, and I don't try to enforce any rules of my own. I'll use estus if they do first, I'll 1v1 if they want to, etc. The only place I draw the line is I won't disrespect a defeated opponent.

Amen!

TSMP wrote: I won't play any worse than I usually do just to give my opponent a chance. If they can't beat whatever I'm doing, then that usually means they just need more exposure to it and a chance to develop better strategies.

I think most feel that is the way it has to be. Sandbagging just makes the other player feel humiliated. I do try things unconventional when I feel confident though, stuff like parrying or even holding back on attacks. You know: When it is obvious they shouldn't have buffed in the middle of the fight you can just run up to them and stop, it tells the story! But yeah, perhaps they should get the purification of swift death instead ;D

TSMP wrote:Goodness knows I'm not actually all that good at this game; usually, any wins I get are due to equipment, not skill. If I'm ever winning, it's due to the other player making mistakes.

Haha, I bet you crush out there! But... I think what you mention is a fault with DS3, cause there's too much focus on punishing mistakes instead of considering your own offensive. It makes the reactive play far superior. While I can see that as a necessary evil (it gotta be incredibly hard to balance a game like this one) I still think it is too bad.

15989343 TSMP wrote:For the most part, though, I try to make things as even as possible between myself and the other player. For example, if I want to be invaded, I'll use a dried finger while unembered to ensure we both have the same amount of HP, and only use half my estus, and I might use a giant's seed so the enemies are attacking both of us equally. Stuff like that. I won't intentionally handicap myself beyond that though, and I won't play any worse than I usually do just to give my opponent a chance. If they can't beat whatever I'm doing, then that usually means they just need more exposure to it and a chance to develop better strategies.

Thoughtful. "Devil's in the details!" Gotta think things through when gaming with others, it is not so easy. I know I healed like crazy when starting my dueling. Obviously it pissed some off and I realized why fairly quick, but many just went along with it because they understood I was new. Thing is, pvp need a certain amount of fairness to discern who is the true champion! And for that, sometimes, you can't use all available options... Other times it is the opposite, it would be insulting to not pull out every single dirty trick you can muster!