Discuss the MMO set in Tamriel as well as wiki improvements
Wiki: Visit the TESO Wiki

Back_Lot_Basher

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 20,665.00
Wiki Edits: 13
I browsed a Templar build guide (I think it was that Deltia site), and it talked about swapping between destruction and healing bars so you could chip in with damage. But I found that I mostly stuck to a bar with the protective rune, combat prayer, the effect-cleansing one, BoL, and I think maybe the one that restored stamina from fallen bodies. Solar Prison was my ultimate.

Does the Warden have any knocks against it as far as endgame? It seems like a jack of all trades with both the healing and stam-based damage, but does this mean it ends up being gimped eventually? The damage seems decent enough, and the healing is more supplemental. Love using a bow in PvE, but usually switch to DW in dungeons.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 10,138.50
I think the meta of "Templar is best healer, dragonknight is best tank" still stands, but the way ESO is balanced every class is effective in any role, as long as you gear up well and know what you are doing. I've seen nightblade saptanks, sorcerer frost staff tanks, the works.

The only thing you really need the destruction staff for is Elemental Destruction (I think that's the name) which is a debuff that lowers enemy resistances. I only use it on bosses or minibosses, as everything else dies too quickly.

I can give a run down of my skills and setup later after I get home from work. Can't really remember everything lol.

Editing to add my build.

Front Bar: Destroy Staff
Puncturing Sweep, Channeled Focus, Elemental Drain, Blazing Spear, Extended Ritual, Aggressive Warhorn

Back Bar: Resto Staff
Breath of Life, Combat Prayer, Healing Springs, Mutagen, Inner Light, Solar Prison

All attribute points in Magicka. Gear is 5pc Kagrenac's Hope 5pc Worm's Raiment. Staves are both Kagrenac's, so you don't lose the set bonus. Kagrenac's is crafted, I believe you need a 8 trait crafter for it, and Worm is found in... Vault of Madness. All magicka enchantments, Infused on chest and legs, Divines on the rest. Staff is Sharpened Destro, Precise Resto. Absorb Magicka enchant on both weapons.

I cast Channeled Focus and Extended Ritual first, then stand in the rune from CF to get magicka regen. Mutagen is a nice heal over time that bursts for a big heal when someone drops low enough, and Healing Springs is almost always enough in a semi-recent group to keep everyone alive. Breath of Life is the "oh crap" heal I use when someone needs to be healed NOW, otherwise I don't cast it often. Combat Ritual gives a damage and resistance buff to your allies, Inner Light gives you more magicka and spell crit. Elemental Drain is a debuff, reducing spell resistance. Blazing Spear for regenerating allies resources, Warhorn to increase DPS.

Back_Lot_Basher

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 20,665.00
Wiki Edits: 13
Thanks for the build tips, Lich. I'll have to check my morphs...most of those look right, but there are one or two I need to check. Not sure what Warhorn is...maybe from a skill line I haven't completed. Was Inner Light changed at some point? I recall it being something you toggled on or off at one time, but now it seems to have a finite duration.

One of the absolute BEST changes I noticed after returning to the game has got to me the indicator telling you an item can be used for research. Cuts sorting time to a fraction. Hands down it's my favorite UI improvement.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 10,138.50
Yeah I'm glad they added the icons for intricate, ornate and research items.

Warhorn is under the Assault skill line, which is a PvP category. It's pretty easy to unlock just running around repairing walls.

Inner Light was changed a while ago, so it's just used as a passive to give you more magicka and regen while on your healing bar.

killerwhompuscat

Souls: 57.00
It's definitely not worth it. I play on PS4 and the most I get per turn in of provisioner writ is 663 or 667 gold, can't remember which but it's not even 700 gold.

You'd be taking a loss, just buy the recipe from the in-game provisioning merchant and craft it. The ingredients are easy to find if you comb just one dungeon in glenumbra and if you open that certain passive, you'll make four at a time. That's four writs down for one session of crafting. The gain/loss of crafting vs buying leans way more in the direction of crafting meals instead of buying.