Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

Drayelya

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 800.00
Title more or less. I’ve got her sitting at SL 99 right now with 24 vigor, 30 attunement, 24 endurance and 60 intelligence. I was going to go 30 vig with 40 att before calling it but, should I drop more points into intelligence instead?
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 44,384.50
Wiki Edits: 565
Your Intelligence is already at softcap, there's no reason to go any higher. You'll get next to nothing for going over 60. Refer to this chart to see the difference.

I'd strongly suggest 40 Vigor, because that's the point where late-game and NG+ bosses stop one-shotting you, not to mention it's also how much you need to survive at least two hits from every weapon in the game (Strength builds in particular). Since nearly all weapons guarantee two hits on their R1s, that's a pretty important difference.

I don't recommend going over 30 Attunement, for two reasons: 1) Your Ashen Estus only recovers 200 FP per use, and you already have slightly more than that at 30att, and 2) You'll come to find that 5 slots is not only plenty, but borders on more than you need, especially for sorcery.

Just my thoughts.

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,611.01
TSMP wrote:Your Intelligence is already at softcap, there's no reason to go any higher. You'll get next to nothing for going over 60. Refer to this chart to see the difference.

I'd strongly suggest 40 Vigor, because that's the point where late-game and NG+ bosses stop one-shotting you, not to mention it's also how much you need to survive at least two hits from every weapon in the game (Strength builds in particular). Since nearly all weapons guarantee two hits on their R1s, that's a pretty important difference.

I don't recommend going over 30 Attunement, for two reasons: 1) Your Ashen Estus only recovers 200 FP per use, and you already have slightly more than that at 30att, and 2) You'll come to find that 5 slots is not only plenty, but borders on more than you need, especially for sorcery.

Just my thoughts.

as for meta PvP i agree 40 vig is a must, but you wrong about PvE. embered with 25 vig you have to go to ng+4 or 5 or something before bosses can oneshot u. so recommending 40 vig for late game ng bosses is bull.

hell, Cinderella endboss ng can do only about 500dmg max. even less, when i think of it as even my 450 hp guy can survive a hit in this fight when summoned.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Achtpuntzes wrote:as for meta PvP i agree 40 vig is a must, but you wrong about PvE. embered with 25 vig you have to go to ng+4 or 5 or something before bosses can oneshot u. so recommending 40 vig for late game ng bosses is bull.

hell, Cinderella endboss ng can do only about 500dmg max. even less, when i think of it as even my 450 hp guy can survive a hit in this fight when summoned.

... You're surviving hits from Yhorm and Lorian with only 1231 hp? I'm calling bull on that one, mate. Maybe you're dodging all the big attacks and only being hit by the smaller ones.

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,611.01
TSMP wrote:
Achtpuntzes wrote:as for meta PvP i agree 40 vig is a must, but you wrong about PvE. embered with 25 vig you have to go to ng+4 or 5 or something before bosses can oneshot u. so recommending 40 vig for late game ng bosses is bull.

... You're surviving hits from Yhorm and Lorian with only 1231 hp? I'm calling bull on that one, mate. Maybe you're dodging all the big attacks and only being hit by the smaller ones.

yeah, im sure. i beat the game with all sorts of low sl (and low vig) builds and i never was oneshotted. and most of them were almost naked as i never invest in vit with low sl builds and i like to be under 30% weight if possible for the fast roll and flynns.

the only one that can really oneshot me is Mirdir with the pure faith guy because she only has 19 vig while wearing dusk crown ring (so i cant run out of spels before Mirdir dead if i miss a couple) and without prisoners chain/ring of favor (because she needs all the faith rings) so thats 798 hp embered, but then again it isnt a oneshot because there is denial spell for her.

if i had a toon with Yhorm/ Twin princess alive i would test it right now how much damage they do max, but i dont. but maybe u have and can check that yourself if u want.

OK, some bosses have real nasty combo's, nasty special attacks (the dragonslayer armor with his dragonslayer greataxe, or other thingies (CSS of Lorian) but u can see them comming from miles so i dont expect someone get caught by that. so yes, that sort of attacks probably never hit me so why adept vig for that?

instead of pumping your vig combined with heavy armor so u cant die even how much u mess up i think its better to just git gud PvE. then u dont need that ridiculouys 40 vig to beat the game, or even NG+ and higher.

the 40 vig is pure for meta PvP. for PvE u really dont need that much HP.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Achtpuntzes wrote:OK, some bosses have real nasty combo's, nasty special attacks (the dragonslayer armor with his dragonslayer greataxe, or other thingies (CSS of Lorian) but u can see them comming from miles so i dont expect someone get caught by that. so yes, that sort of attacks probably never hit me so why adept vig for that?

"Don't get hit" has never been a valid reason for not investing in HP. Hypothetically speaking, a perfect player would never need more than 1 hp because they never get hit. But perfect players don't exist, only really good ones, and even the best of us have bad days. I've been one-shot, or comboed, to death in NG with less than 40vig enough times that I recommend it as a default amount for PvE. **** happens, raise Vigor so you don't die for making a single mistake.

Besides, you're assuming an awful lot about the OP's skill level, and implying that they're wrong for not being as good at the game as you. That's a bit arrogant, isn't it?