Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Literally looks like the Four Sword from Zelda
At 40/40/40 in Strength, Dex, and Luck, a +10 Lothric Knight Sword with Hollow infusion has two more AR than Anri's Straight Sword (444 compared to 442). Both weapons have their uses, and playstyles, and are remarkably similar in damage.
info is wrong for sharp infusion... recieves an S scaling in dexterity once its +10 and A scaling when its +7 or +6 cant remember

chatnoir

Souls: 57.00
str60 - dex18 - faith12 - int10.... what infusion is recommended
Heavy Infusion

chatnoir

Souls: 57.00
thanks dude
This sword is objectively the best weapon in Dark Souls 3 because it has a fast and broad swing, a quick and far thrust, and a versatile weapon art. It may also be infused to fit most builds. And it has amongst the highest reach and damage of the straight swords. All the little things together make this the objectively best choice of weapon.
what would be your build in term of infusion for pvp ?
I do dex now, but it works for whatever you like. The famous combination is this sword coupled with Black Knight Shield. That will let you whip out your weapon art at any time as well as allow you to intimidate those who wish to keep you away (by blocking your way in for a backstab or only for the reach). It's really a beast combination and can beat most. You only need 40 dex and 18 strength for that and you will have about 400 AR unbuffed. But 60 dex isn't bad either, not at all. It's just that I want my vitality so I can look swaggy and get a bit of extra defense. A different build would be 40 int/fai dark infusion, which is also excellent; eats through shields and gets you pyromancy options or whatever you like (I don't like spells much but it is still not wasted because you'll get good damage from it (you can't buff though)). This weapon is also great dualwielding together with Fume or other ultra weapons because whenever you need a fast response this beauty will be there for you and when you need brute force you have the ultra weapon. For that to work optimally use lkss in your right hand as it will let you poke with the lkss strong attacks.

SirCranburry

Casual
Convict

Souls: 85.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Is everyone insane? This weapon is pointless, the longsword is objectively better! The LKS isn't much longer, but consumes much more stamina and swings noticeably slower. The LKS may be better than the longsword for infusions, but by LESS THAN 10 AR!!! It even has higher minimum stat requirements than the longsword, it has no reason to exist!

SirCranburry

Casual
Convict

Souls: 85.00
Wiki Edits: 3
I should also mention that the higher dex scaling is *******, as an all-dex build (which is already weaker than quality) still gets a bit more AR out of a sharp longsword at both 40 dex AND 60 dex!!!
Swing speed is the same. Lks reaches further. Lks R2 beats longsword R2. But I agree longsword is the better choice if you don't want to get the dex. And longsword is a straight sword, just that makes it great. Longsword is one of the best weapons but it is worse than lks on all accounts but requirement. Thanks.
I think you're right about the damage, but like you already pointed out the difference is miniscule and what you really want is reach and speed. Well, speed is the same, I am positive about that, so then the reach is where this is at. But yeah, you can go either way. I still think lks is better. My proof for the range is the lenght of the weapon and the fact that I have tried them both for range and believe to have noticed that lks reaches further. But to know for sure someone has to do actual research. Same goes for your swing speed, someone has to time it and compare to see. And I am certain someone has... Anyway, I am neither mad nor everyone, and I don't appreciate being called either. While I am doing this: I suppose a case could be made for the Gotthards also, since their range is farthest, but because they don't have as versatile weapon art as the Longsword or Lks I think they are worse.
You know, you have a good point in that the low requirements for longsword is a great perk. Still, for a one-handed melee let's agree that dex is the better stat for most weapons. It does depend on your build, what else you are using, but dex give better returns in damage compared to strength for one-handing. Now lks is a dex-weapon basically. It is just as good sharp with 40 dex plain as it is with 40str/dex, almost. That's lots of points you can pour into your favorite stat, like vitality ;p or you can get lower soul level. Given that you are not using strength of course. That's my reason. Cause I'm getting dex for the longsword too, it is more efficient and even if will net me even more damage, on the longsword than lks, I want that range and the multiple pokes with lks R2. If your build doesn't work with this, lks is not your weapon. But... I really think it is best for melee... I don't even use it though! I'm using swordspear with storm curved sword, for fun! Swordspear is kewl and storm curved sword also! I mean, that's what you really should do; get something you like. They're all good enough to play.
if i see 4 or 500 more of these dark infused in arena imma kms irl