Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

feels good 1 shotting the host at 90% hp with his 5 or 6 phantoms watching helplessly as i land that crushing 3rd attack with my yhorms

TheOneCaptain

Souls: 50.00
I feel you, nothing more satisfying
this shows how overpowered this is in deuls.
also beating gankers is easy without hornet ring or parrys in genral
since the riposte animation gets changed to 3 hits for most weapons does this mean each hit gets reduced by flat armor defense 3 times?
Of course it does reduced damage by flat armor (even with three strikes), but it doesnt mater. for instance, lets imagine you've got 30 % damage reduction with your armor, if you are hit by one strike and should take 600 damage, with the reduction you'll only take 420 dmg. Finally, if you are hit by three strikes doing 200 dmg each (so 600), with the reduction you'll only take 200 - 60 + 200 - 60 + 200 - 60 = 420.
Praise the magic of the percentages!
He's talking about flat resistances.
flat resistances are converting into % of absorbed/reduced damage you twat. Guy explained you 3 small hits = 1 big hit, and you keep disputing basic logic, SHM
Hornet ***** ring. Puck all thoose ***** that use it in duel
You seem like a scrub subject to a lot of Parry's. You see, parrying isn't something a ***** would do. A ***** would never even dare to take such a riskful act, as when your Parry's aren't successful... Well... Its absolutely frustrating and most of the time devastating. Same goes with people who are parried! With your (I'm assuming) careless r1 spamming play style, I'd believe you'd be frustrated that you always get killed when you hit someone more then twice. Sad really...
I wish you could reply to replies. The word would be parries not parry's.
Spent 5 minutes looking for it at the shrine.

How was I supposed to know they meant the /other/ Firelink Shrine?
much dumb, aren't we?
"Found at Dark Firelink Shrine after Champion Gundyr in the Untended Graves." DARK FIRELINK SHRINE
Because it says "At Dark Firelink Shrine after beating CHAMPION Gundyr" Dumbass
All these comments are definitive reason that parrying should just be taken out of the game entirely. Or at least, limited to only being used in the pvp arena you can unlock after beating the Champion Gravetender. But then, considering the traffic in the area after Pontiff Sulyvahn, nobody really uses that. Most likely since most if not all of the people actually interested in pvp are just ******* who play the game just to ***** with people. And they won't use the arena because then they wouldn't have enemies to hide behind. And that's not even counting the laggers and hackers. I say FS should have invasions and coop not tied together anymore, and actually be able to play the game with friends and not worry about douchebags, but we might enjoy the game then. We can't have that, can we?
Just.... git gud
Lol.. That's a mighty big: NO, you can't. Learn to parry, git gud, stop complaining.
Shut up you whiny *****.
You must be new to the Souls series lmfao.
Dumb fresh meat thinking they can make requests.
*****ing scrub, get good. Dark Souls 3 is my first and only (so far unless Bloodborne counts) Souls game and after 4 hours, I got good.
It's not complaining or whining since its fact. And its plainly obvious all you dipshits who just say "git gud" are clearly these ****** abusers who deserve a bullet to the head.
So I don't comment much, but I feel the need to throw this out there. Parrying is a for many a very thrilling part of the game. It is a high risk, high reward mechanic. When it works, it's an exceedingly rewarding experience. But when it doesn't it's super frustrating (and painful), and it might not for tons of reasons. Anywhere from the weapon or its specific art not being parry-able, or if online there being high latency between the two participants. If you find it being used against you successfully a lot, try changing your tactics. Use an ultra greatsword, or great hammer, which FOR THE MOST PART cannot be parried. Learn to work around the mechanic, cause I'm absolutely balls at parrying but I love this game. Second for the area after Pontiff Sulyvahn you should read up about the Aldrich Faithful Covenant. There is an article by PC Gamer titled "How Dark Souls 3's Aldric Faithful covenant turns good people into trolling monsters". That bit in between Sulyvahn and Anor Londo is a special zone that the members of the Covenant will get actively summoned into to defend. That is the whole point of that covenant to defend that bit. That is one of the main reasons thats such a pvp hot spot. And lastly:Don't feed the trolls man, seriously they eat this crap up

TheOneCaptain

I mean, not to sound too rude, but this is Dark Souls. Not Friendship Souls, not Coop Souls. Dark Souls. Invasions are a fun and vital part of the game, :so quit your *****ing
:-D you just hit it !!
Dont complain because you were killed by it, or can not do it. Find something new to do, like use a bow against someone who parries, and punish them for being only close range.
Play Nioh. It’s far superior to this game.
Soft *** lil *****h
How to fight a parry-spammer: throw firebombs.
Git Gud casul
I have 1500 in DS games combined, and I can say this: parry in PvP is completely random, based purely on latency. You never know what the lag is and can’t predict it.
I think the game is full of ways for people to bash certain strategies, I never parry, but if you can't find a way around someone who just spams parry, your an idiot, just delay your heavy, kick, jump attack, have the pyromancer flame and combustion their face, it's not hard

Galvantez

Souls: 65.00
Two handing large weapons works as well, save for rolling/backstep attacks and Curved Greatsword One-Handed attacks.

Galvantez

Souls: 65.00
*Two-handed light attacks
delay heavy= just roll after or parry again
kick= wait wh- what da fug would that do?
jumping attack= any decent parry king will side roll back stab you
combustion= so just unparryable attacks? well your not wrong
I think the ring has been nerfed as 3 hit crit after parry no longer happens with any and all weapons. It now just does 2 through the dmg is higher , however it no longer kills with insane dmg on that old 3rd hit. I tested in pvp pve, every weapon type. No 3 hit. Confirmed?
Ledos hammer riposte still 3 hits
For some reason the ring isn't spawning for me, even though I killed the Abyss Watchers. I guess if you quit out of the game near it it doesn't come back??? Also I am at the place after CHAMPION Gundyr
It is located where the ember was in the Firelink Shrine, where the dog was guarding. But now, instead of a dog is a Black Knight.

J-Zer0

still need it?
ITS NOT WORKING FOR ME
IT DIDNT UPGRADE MY CRITICAL ATTACKS
IT WILL IF YOU USE IT AGAINST HUMAN NPC'S OR PLAYERS IN PVP! ON ALL OTHER ENEMIES IT WILL SIMPLY INCREASE THE DAMAGE!! BUT THE ANIMATION WILL STAY THE SAME!!!

Nuuskis

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 266.00
Wiki Edits: 23
I don't see a problem. If the damage increased the ring did what it was suppose to do. The alt animation is just for extra satisfaction. And plz don't write in full caps, it's very irritating to read.
dont yea hate it when you demoshishing your opponet skillfuly and not takeing a single hit WITH IRON FLESH ON. but he gets a lucky parry on one attack and insta kills you.
even the idea of this thing is stupid "lets make a massively damageing attack... even more damaging" this ring needs to be removed.
oh and i hade 25% absorbion all around (46% with iron flesh) and 35 vigor. so dont think i have low heath
maybe they do what the blood ring does makes you take more damage for massive damage
im also at lvl 100
*sprinkles some salt*
Mmm. Just right.