Discuss your role and adventures as the Arisen!
Wiki: Visit the Dragon's Dogma Wiki

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 18,844.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2140
Yesteday a tragedy happened....
I was near the end of the story, i just had to complete a couple of quests and i would have beaten Grigori later BUT, Capcom made a mistake in the concept of the game, and this mistake can ruin the game and force you to start it over, so here's what happend....

I was completing the Wyrmking's Ring quest....i killed the mage, got the ring and went back to Gran Soren to duplicate the Ring in order to keep the original one in my inventory and give the fake one to the Duke.....BUT, i don't know why i did this stupid thing, i checked the selling price of the ring before duplicating it.....well, i accidentally sold the Ring (WHY, WHY Capcom didn't think at THIS possibility ????) and now it's disappeard even from the vendor (who sells only equipment)

Now the MAIN quest is bugged and i cannot proceed to the end of the game.....the quest is partially completed because the game tells me to give the Ring to the Duke but the ring is gone so, even if i talk to the Duke's servant he always tells me to recover the Ring which i have sold before (WHY ??????)

I had to start a new run....it was the only possibility....i mean, why the game allows you to sell a KEY ITEM ??? Why Capcom ??
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 262,725.49
Bank: 7,567.71
Wiki Edits: 19909
Are you sure the Black Cat won't sell it back? Don't you have a cloud save?
Fextralife.com
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Sidney_Losstarot

I tried to download the saved Data but it's useless....the game overwrites the previus file and i always spawn in the Duke's castle with the quest bugged
The only chance i have is that someone give me the fake ring as gift, but i don't even know it it's possible...
Fex i've sent you a friend request from my wife's account because I started a new run on her account
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 262,725.49
Bank: 7,567.71
Wiki Edits: 19909
Maybe I can send you the ring with a pawn! I'm not there yet tho. Someone else may be? Let's find out!
Fextralife.com
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Shadeon

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 4,194.50
Wiki Edits: 9
Game breaking like getting imprisoned, wasting your one skeleton key breaking out of your cell and then killing the guard? Been there, done that.

Add me and I'll send you a fake. I noticed gifting the original is an option, so maybe this could work.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,414.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Ahhhh, a classic mistake to do in RPGs of this design. I've had and have the same problem with Morrowind and other RPGs that allow you to lose key items. I'm pretty sure it's not an oversight, and that the devs made it like that intentionally. Some argue it's a good thing cause it allows you to make mistakes organically or something like that, but personally, I just find it annoying, and a pain when it happens.

Problem is particularly bad when you don't even know the item is a key item when you find it. Perhaps you're looting a random house, find a odd item, but don't think much about it cause there's nothing special about it at that moment, so you maybe drop it somewhere in the wild while exploring. Hours later, you get a quest that tells you to get the item........No Item, not where it's supposed to be, not where you left it, if you can even remember where you left it, gone, erased from the face of the game. Wouldn't be so bad if there's always a way to complete the quest, but that's not always the case, so you either have to pray you saved before messing up, deal with it, or start the game over.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

Sidney_Losstarot

The fact is that DD overwrite everything in the exact moment you teleport or enter a new area and there's no chance to get that save file back....this is really a mistake....

Fallenangel700

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,991.50
Wiki Edits: 204
Well, it's kinda useless now, but you were not stuck. If you sell a key item or otherwise loose it, it will show up in the Black Cat's inventory the next time it updates. I think it updates every two days. So, if you had waited just two days, you could have bought the ring back.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android