Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

The one's found at act 3 don't seem to combine with armor when I attempted it.
There are two types of artefacts, armor and weapon, you found one for armor.
Some of these Eternal Artefacts just don't seem to be working. I kept failing while trying to use some of them, so I tried it with some other ones I had stashed and it worked. Curious. Yeah, I got the icon correct and all. Just weird.
Be advised that Eternal Artefacts share the same icon as Ancient Artifact and so they can be easily mistaken for each other.
Think that one is called "Ancient Artifact" and not Eternal
Using "Armor" Icon
Neck: 10% Fire Resist, +2% Crit, +5% Dodge
Ring: 10% Poison Resist, +1 Scoundrel

Slight Adjustments to above but I belt and chest swapped (maybe a patch or just recorded wrong)
Belt: +2 STR, 1 War
Chest: +10% Air resistance

Using the "Weapon" Icon (Dagger, Bow, Axe, Mace, Spear
+25% Air damage, +15% chance to set shocked for 1 turn.

As an FYI, it seems there is some slight level scaling as I tried the Eternal Artefact on the Gloves of teleportation (Level 2 item) and it only have +1 con, 10% earth resistance.

Couldn't get anything to work with a Wand, Staff, or Shield.
Should be worth noting, that it is consumed upon usage, unlike a poison barrel i.e.
Someone smarter than me can figure out the math, but i tested the weapon artefact on a bow with the following relevant stats pre-combining:

24-26 air
120-127 phys
10% chance to set shocked

Bow stats post-combining:

54-57 air
120-127 physical
15% chance to set shocked

While my math didn't work out perfectly it does seem like the +25% air damage is, of course, based on the physical damage of the weapon (mine gave 24% to the lower damage value and 24.8% to the higher damage value) and will be added on top of any prior air damage the weapon had.

On the other hand, it would appear that combining will cap at 15% chance to shock.
ThanX for these infos.
Way better than the crap found elsewhere by dumb kids.
On my first (and so far only) play through, the 15% chance to shock on weapons seems to have disappeared after reloading a save.
Seems to work fine on weapons without bonus air damage, but when you use it on air damage weapons, you don't get the 15% shock. You get the smaller number from the air bonus.
HINT: PHASE CAP. could be used to build the ETERNAL ARMOR, but nothing else ...