Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I was able to kill him at level 7 using a rogue and a summoner. Dropped an uber sword, a dagger called Toothpick, and some other unique items.
whats better kill or save him ?
Definately do his quest. Then, when you turn in the quest, the moment he gives you exp, and is still a dragon, attack him with your other party members until he turns hostile. Killing him for his exp, gaining the quest exp, and his drops are extremely powerful. Then, when you go towards the ship at the end of the act, he will still kill all of the shriekers for you, nullifying the loss of the purging wand handed in for the quest. Best of all 3 worlds.
Well if you kill him you will get an uncommon sword really powerfull if you had a character who use a ONE hand sword, better if he is with warfare skill.

The exp between complete the quest and kill him is similar 3-6k.

And if you save him you will see his dragon to lizard transformation... also the satisfaction of a really worth significant save in this game. And you will recieve some uncommon and epic stuff then, really worth, but not the sword.

However, this is a close action to the Act 1 finish. IN act 2 you will find better one hand weapon.
how i can save him?
You simply talk to him about getting a specific Purging Wand from Radeka. She is a witch found not far in a cave to the south. Get Radeka's Purging Wand off her and bring it to him to complete the quest and get some rewards.
considered saving the dragon but his name is slane so I slained him
Is this dude like an OC insert from crowdfunding or something? I find it a bit strange how the MC kind of gushes over him.
Rupture Tendons (Scoundrel skill) absolutely wrecks Slane. I applied it with my rogue, then Slane used Dragonfall to attack my max-range archer before using Fly to get back into melee combat with my rogue. The rupture knocked off around 2/3 of his health when he used Fly.
i did it on Tactician thanks to the Dome Of Protection.6000 xp and good loot..Then again tactician isnt meant for an Origin Character other than custom.Their source powers are awful other than Fane perhaps.
Magic doesnt work well on Slane because he has permanent Soothing Cold..Physical damage is required.