Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

How do you 'meet the requirements' for the lost version
Stat requirements are the same as the regular version. To make it appear you'll need to get the normal one first then find the bath messengers who sell it.
I first thought that the Lost Bowblade was the best bet, due to that tempting bloodtinge gem slot. I'm not so sure anymore. Anyone care to weigh in?
Phys. Attack gems if you want to use the blade AND bow (normal variant) blood tinge for bow only (lost). Personally would pick regular version for versatility
I use lost with bloodtinge gem as my ranged weapon (guns as ranged weapons just don't compare) and lost chikage as my main
My Favorite weapon ever in the soulborne series. It's a freaking blade that turns into a Bow... I mean C.mon!.

Seriously though on a Skill/BT Build it destroys in PvE. Wrecked so many bosses at a safe distance with this lol.

Wolfyre

Casual
Convict

Souls: 61.00
Wiki Edits: 9
If you want to get this item early while low level then you can easily run through the first area of the Nightmare, past all the enemies until you get to the shortcut. Just be careful of the boulder and the guns. also run under the bridge with blood suckers and up the stairs to the short cut. the hunters with the piercing rifle are a surprisingly good shot when trying to run by them. Make sure you open the door, next to Simon, in case he kills you. Next aggro Simon and then hide outside the door with a weapons that has long range and a high charge attack. The Hunter's Axe or Spear Rifle work gloriously. Simon will usually try and shoot arrows which are stopped by the door allowing you to safely charge and hit him while staying safe on the other side, occasionally they do make it through FYI. Just angle the camera so you can see when he's running up and if you catch him he will back up and then repeat coming forward. I killed him with a +5 Rifle Spear, BL 25 using this strategy. GL!

Wolfyre

Casual
Convict

Souls: 61.00
Wiki Edits: 9
Tried it again last night with a new character this time with the Beast Hunter's Saif. The spear and the axe do around 30-50 more damage per swing but I found that I would catch him with Saif more consistently. The spears thrust hotbox is narrow and sometimes the two handed axe charge will bounce you off the wall and miss him entirely. Also if he does make it out into the main room of the church just go back through the door and he will come back and you can reset the door trick by dodging around him until you get behind the door again. Just make sure you time your rolls well, as his arrows do a lot of damage. You can speed up how fast you kill him if you have some fire/bolt paper handy as well.
It's very basic, i guess, to just shotgun every human NPC to death as the best method.
Safest way to cheese getting the bowblade early. First, speedrun the area till you open the shortcut back to the chapel. Next, Agro Simon, and when he starts coming for you, run out the other door of the chapel and up the hill until you reach the first lamp post, about halfway up the hill. Don't go further up the hill or you'll agro the hunter at the top. Wait a couple of seconds, then walk back to the shortcut door in the chapel. Simon will have gone back to his starting position, but won't be facing you. Instead, he'll be looking down the other hall. Hug the left side and approach him slowly. When close, preform a charged R2 attack. It will hit him from the side, but will still drop him for the visceral. Visceral attack him, then immediately run through the chapel and up the hill to the lamp post. Repeat this until he's dead. I did this with a level 3 saw cleaver on a low level character and took no damage. It's a little time consuming, but the visceral damage makes it quicker than the getting him stuck on the door method. I hope this helps someone out.
If you're finding a boss difficult and don't feel like spending countless tries trying to beat it, this is your weapon. Every boss that gave me trouble I just pulled this baby out and with a little time and good dodges you'll cheese your boss of choice like you're in a deli.
How to pick up fair maidens: page 2: paragraph 1: Sentence 1: simons bow blade

HuntingUnkindled

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 100.00
This is like Chikage tbh, best used on 25/50 build. But unlike Chikage that drains health, this will use up QBs.

HuntingUnkindled

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 100.00
Also unlike what's said on the page (which is wrong and highly misleading), using it on enemies that you cannot target lock-on is just waste of bullets as they're out of range and the arrows will not hit. So one MUST be near an enemy (near enough to lock-on them) to manual aim with Monocle as well.
Perspective can make it hard to judge the effective range of this weapon. I've noticed certain very large enemies with hitboxes high up on their bodies can't be hit from as far away due to some of the range being used up travelling vertically. The easiest way to learn what the effective range is just to keep firing and see at exactly what distance the damage starts counting.

In regular PvE, normal lock-on range is basically the max range for the bow, but the lock-on range for bosses is higher so you have to test it. Sure is great to just keep hitting them while they're flailing away at you ineffectively though.