Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Again. Do i need the spell from Ashes dlc to get the trophy/achievement ?
(My comment got deleted)

Foggy_Door

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 622.50
No, all the trophies are from the vanilla game (there are no dlc trophies) so you just need the pyromancies from the main game to get it. Same with rings, spells, miracles & gestures.
That's good to know
Thanks alot
Any ideas/strategy how someone can beat gank squads with a pyromancer build? Is it even possible for a non pro, non team player? Chaos Bed Vestiges only does 200 damage against havels (in PvE 1000!- SL120) and they hit pretty hard.
While casters (and pyromancers especially) do well in a multi player brawl, thy do not do well alone with high pressure. I would however, try out the arena's 3v3 mode. We wreck there :)
use great chaos fireball/chaos storm. it will help you destroy people from a better distance / really close to you.
Iron Flesh with Black Flame or Sacred Flame nullifies the rush. From then, you step back and cast GCFO, or CBV to create distance. Then as the spell wears off, and you can run again, you take the momentum and rush. Black Flame breaks guards, so be ready with the riposte.
the key to pyromacy pvp is free aiming and 180 turns in the last second before he hurls the chaos fire ball
a bit late but I think that was my (whiny/angry) post originaly. Thanks so far for your help. Never played with pyro again but pve was too much fun with this class that I want at least to have one char spreading chaos again!
Amazing, I just received a $100 Dollar Free Steam Wallet Code at https:/.
no
Amazing! No one cares!
you are a spammer. stfu
Cool , no *****s given at no*****s.com
103 dislikes lmao

Duplexion

Souls: 100.00
Wiki Edits: 8
FML

Duplexion

Souls: 100.00
Wiki Edits: 8
I tried that once, now my PC has cancer.
Can someone correct the sentence at the top of the page that says there are 27 pyromancies? Since the DLC, there are 28 pyromancies.

Whisky

Casual
Convict

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 105.00
Ackchyually there are 30 Pyromances now because of the ringed city, get your facts right! (Kill me)
test
THERE WAS A TEST!!!!! I DIDN'T STUDY!! I'M NOT READY!!!!!!
You both stupid.
Test
RIP
try longfinger
but hole
Could Dark Fire orb be considered a stronger version of fire orb? I want a strong pyromancy that doesn't require two attunement slots.
It is stronger but it does not inflict fire damage to enemies. So it is less efficient against enemies with a weakness to fire, but it is stronger against enemies that are resistent to fire.
In Dark Souls 1, pyromancies were special because they scaled with nothing but the flat magadj of your flame, and had no stat requirements. This meant that you would put souls into leveling your flame and purchasing spells, rather than leveling yourself. Now, this meant that it was really really broken if you twinked yourself with a +5 Ascended Flame on a SL1 character and used spells like Black Flame. Additionally, fire weapons had no scaling, unless they were Chaos, which had Humanity scaling, and these weapons were OP for the same reasons.

From decided to "fix" this in Dark Souls 2. Fire damage then scaled off of Int AND Faith. This means that the base damage took a big dive, and you needed to put points into Int/Faith for good damage. However, pyromancies still had no stat requirements, meaning you could use them with 0 faith/int, and do poor damage, or perhaps with high faith OR high int, as in with a sorcery or miracle build, and they would do well. This is the difference from Hexes, which scaled with Int OR Faith, whichever was lower. That meant to do well with Dark damage, you needed BOTH Int+Faith. This was a good system though Soul Memory was supposed to do the same thing, but pyromancies were still the most common form of spellcasting, since they still had high versatility.

And then there is DS3, where they now have stat requirements. This means that to use advanced pyromancies, you need high faith AND int, rather than one or the other, or none at all. There are a few spells that have only int or only faith requirements, but the vast majority will fit in only to a Dark build, where you level Int AND Faith. Admittedly, most of the requirements are low, but they exist. This means that you can't just grab them and plop them into your Str or Dex pure build. You need to put up to 25 in each stat to use the best ones. Only Iron Flesh, Great Chaos Fireball, and Chaos Storm have no requirements, but if you use them with no Int/Faith, they will be less effective (excluding Iron Flesh).

Tell me, When was the last time you were fighting a Strength/Dex Pyro? Last time I did was Dark Souls 2, but it was the most common PvP/PvE archetype in DS1.
Expecting saltiness, instead got well thought out analysis. Bravo.
well, I am a dex pyro.

So uh.... yeah?
I'm a strength pyro. Works great.
I'm a quality pyro
So what's your point? Pyromancy was the new kid on the block for Dark Souls, so like most new things, it was really broken and not properly implemented. Pyromancy its still magic my friend, you learn it from a teacher, and you need to strengthen yourself to directly power your flame. The concept is that it comes from within after all, not just juice up your flame likes its a big-dick sword.

Being able to slap it on anything back in Dark Souls didn't make it special, because any and everyone could use it! That's like saying your estus or humanity was special. No, it wasn't. It was supersaturated and a complete cop out to PvE and actual magic alike while devaluing it. To this day, its not even confirmed if FROMsoft actually intended for Pyromancy to scale off of INT like the game misinforms you with, or if its just lore representation of how it used to be one with Sorcery (A Demon Souls reference).

Overall, it just seems like a justificationa nd excuse for missing a free power-up to roll players and bosses.
I literally beat the game with my STR/PYRO build like 2 weeks ago. I focus on fire damage with the fire clutch ring, witchs ring + cartus flame beacon. I get about 600-625 AR at soul level 100. Could probably be optimised.

This build 4 shots most people with r1s, usually about 310 damage per swing. I really enjoyed using the heavy weapon sweeps in combination with fire surge and black serpent to force rolls out of people in PvP
I don't see why they didn't make it based on luck. Fire is unpredictable and naturally difficult to control, chaos flame even more so. What does faith have to do with manipulating a flame.
DS3 Pyromancy definitely forces you to choose a specific kind of build to use it. I don't think I like this new system.

EvilDeedsYT

Souls: 50.00
Pyromancies need to track enemies better there to easy to dodge
If you wanna hit good opponents with spells you need to manually aim them.
What do I do if I killed Karla but I still want to learn the rapport
You cannot learn it then. The Quelana pyromancy tome requires a witch to teach you, and Karla is the only one you encounter.
lol
NG+
You lay in the corner for three days, thinking back on your actions and realizing that Karla was the only person who loved

Whisky

Casual
Convict

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 105.00
NG bro

godofcinder

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
best pyromancy challenge : what are your favorite pyromancies ? for me, 3 : chaos storm _ 2 : rapport_1 : chaos bed vestiges.(_0 : RIP sacred flame glitch XD )