Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

SeyroonTheMage

Casual
Convict

Souls: 445.00
Wiki Edits: 8
I like this spell but just like Crystal Hail I think it would be better if it lasted longer. A couple seconds of delay before the crystals shatter would allow the caster to outrun the shattering effect, so they could run into the trail of crystals in order to evade opponents, right? Seems this spell would be better off being used that way, as a tactical tool rather than as a straight up nuke, given its massive stamina consumption, complete lack of tracking, and relatively short range.
It will travel along surfaces like the fire or dark sorcery spells, however it's range is much shorter so in most application it looses its luster.

As a sorcerer player, it's unique components seem to be:
- Packs a punch for it's relative FP cost at 25 FP, doing slightly less damage than regular soul spear
- Doesnt stop at the first hit like soul spear, so you can use it to hit through packs of enemies or invaders hiding behind mobs - but roughly 2/3 the range of it's fire/dark 'climbing' spells so hard to utilize this benefit
- It has a long casting time and a delay before the spell's damage beams, which can be either a boon or a curse depending on how you use it. in PvP you can use it to misdirect expected soul arrows to time the spell to hit a player coming out from a roll.

IMO: too many cons and hard to pull off skillful manipulation to take advantage of it's perks to be worth choosing over Moonlight Great Sword or spell arsenal over Crystal Soul Spear/staple spells. I would like to see it buffed with either a boost to spell damage, a knockback effect, a secondary 'tick' if enemy is still in proximity/touching crystals, damage from exploding crystal shards or a 'wall' effect during the shard graphic, ignore shield blocking, or at least extend it's range. Something to give it some additional utility.

It does require 50 int, so it should provide some reason to hold onto it over another spell.
If you are a caster in pvp and you play against any somewhat intelligent player, they will realize that they can sidestep or just sprint in a semi circle towards you and dodge all of your spells since spells in this game have terrible tracking. White Dragon Breath becomes the BEST spell to use in this situation where the other player knows how to dodge your other spell combos. I free aim it ahead of where they are going and I win insane amounts of fights with it. It's not a guessing game if you learn to free aim it correctly. Pro Tip: You can also move your camera straight down while casting it to make it hit directly in front or behind you :D
If you would be so kind as to explain, how exactly do you free aim?
Do not lock on and make an educated guess using your character's sightline.

SunbroLegion

Souls: 50.00
this thing works like a charm against beginners. Got my friend to drop it off to me early game, and started a small fight club in the ladder area between farron keep and the crab swamp. I'd say I killed about 25-30 people by using this by the ladder and/or on the ladder. Also, I digged into the files on my PC and changed the name. Now, killing noobs with, and I quote, "Oceiros Garlic Breath" makes using sorceries in general much more entertaining and tolerable.
Which level are you then?
You can't drop spells tho .. So
He probably meant his friend dropped the consumed king soul and then he traded/transposed it for the spell.
But you can't do that either
You can't drop Boss Soul or Scroll's so why or better how did your friend drop anything?
If you know how, you can alter almost anything on the pc game. Even open all spells or items, or change your stats. Total gankfest.
10/10 Would hack to troll new non-cheating players again
it is possible to get this spell in early game, all you have to do is kill the high priestess and then the dancer will spawn. kill her and kill oceiros next
The way I personally have always used this spell be it in DS1 or DS3 has been as a great way to clear enemies in PvE without using too much FP.
It excells when a pure mage has to get through a big area where other spells might not have the damage or they cost too darn much FP to last the entire area.

It can be used in PvP but not so much in duels, you really want to stick to teamfights or narrow paths when dodging is hard. NOT in pontiff and other organized PvP situations.

Hope this helps to get some usefullness in this rather awesome spell.
It seems to do better damage than soul spear (the regular one) at less focus cost, at least on my current build. If you can get used to how this thing functions and the cast timing, it can be a good upgrade from GHSA until you get your hands on CSS. THe piercing can also be a nice added benefit. Mind you, this thing will have a problem hitting certain enemies, especially if they're across a gap, so you might still wanna pack GHSA or SS along with it.
Better then Crystal soul spear, less fp cost similar damage
But it has no sense of tracking and can be inconvenient to fire at certain targets since it has to travel on the ground. I think it also travels slower but I'd have to double check.

But it is a good alternative if you need something with a lower FP cost (i.e. farming in PvE) or just haven't got CSS yet. Or if you just like the style of it too, I guess, it is kinda fancy looking.
msocds
I'm conflicted. I went to look at the Moonlight Greatsword and people are saying it's good for Mage Builds cause of its damage, scaling with Int; Basically a good weapon and get that, if I wanted something similar to this, get CSS. More damage The White Dragon Breath. But then I come over here and people say it's a better spell cause less FP and similar damage. So I'm here, thinking which one is better? MLGS or WDB.
absolutely MLGS. Its the best sorcerer weapon, and this spell is one of the worst in the game.
WDB is one of the best spells in the game if you practice firing while unlocked. Combine it with the Immolation Tinder WA for real fun.
If you don't want to do NG+, get every spell and just trade for the weapons on r/pumparum
Deemed terrible in PvP by players too unskilled to know how to unlock from enemies.