Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

So you have to be an elf or have an elf in your party?
Yes, or have Fane in your party. Use the shapeshifting mask to turn into an Elf.
I guess only with Elf. I tried to use "See Ghosts" skill, but there was only Ghost of dead shark.
The coordinates for the shark are wrong, it's X: 457 Y:-46
I done the quest without Elf. Do this:
1. Kill the shark
2. Equip "Fane's mask of the Shapeshifter" (If you still have it. Found it in Act 1 somewhere. I don't remember where exactly. Also I think I saw something like that Mask in some vendors. Not sure.)
3. Transform into the Elf
4. Eat the leg (Inside the shark)
5. Go back to kids and tell them sh*t news

i think i killed the shark at the start and eat the leg before getting the quest can`t solve it now ...
if you got memories of boy you can
This is quite *******, I dumped the leg to god knows where. How am i suppose to know that leg is important and link to another quest? So i can't finish this quest now?
There should be a ultimate way to finish a quest.
Life is hard. If you dump something you will loose something.
>Throwing away anything in a RPG
If you don't tell them the truth, you get no loot or exp. This was missing from the walkthrough.
If you didn't make an elf or have Sebille in your party, then you'll need to use a Mask of the Shapeshifter to turn into an elf, then eat the leg after you've picked up the quest. Fane's mask is the easiest to get (not to mention free) as you get it before you even get to Reaper's Coast.
Fane's Mask of the Shapeshifter is obtained just after you escape from Fort Joy, right at the start of the game. After you leave the prison, head north to the coast. You'll see the witch who sank the ship at the very beginning (Magetha or something?) and she'll initiate combat after a short conversation. Kill her (only she's in the fight, and at level 5, she's an absolute pushover) and loot the mask.
If you missed Fane's mask (or sold it for an early gold boost) then crafting a new one can be a bit of a pain... You'll need the recipe, (you can learn it from Fane or get it from the quest cave in the Blackpits) a Face Ripper (easiest to get from Magister Kniles inside Fort Joy, but there are more around) and 5 Source Orbs (difficult to find and I don't know if you can craft them) so I'd really recommend not missing Fane's mask.
If you don't have an elf in your party or don't have access to a Mask of the Shapeshifter, you can always hire an elf companion (from the ship) and they can eat the bloodied leg.