Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

Fav_fish

Souls: 129.00
And gotthards in comparison to sellswords?

Rangrok

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,872.00
Whew lots of questions...
15972308 Fav_fish wrote:So u say the best to buff sword for that build is the LKGS? I'll go try it - I love the LKSS it feels really good IMO.

And just a question for understanding matters since I wouldn't consider myself a Vet even though I played everything but demon souls. What do you mean by lightning initial damage? And, isn't 30 faith a bit low since the buff scales with ur faith lvl doesn't it?
Don't blame me for dumb questions - I just don't know it better :D

It's more you get some good miracles at 30 faith. If you don't want to go all the way up to 30, you can go up to 15 for Blessed Weapon, Tears of Denial, Caressing Tears (Situational status heal, but it's nice to have), Magic Barrier and Med Heal. However going up to 30 faith gets you Sacred Oath, Dark Blade, Lightning Blade, Darkmoon Blade, Great Magic Barrier, Dorthy's Gnawing, and Great Heal. While more Faith will boost your buffs more, just having the bare minimums will do far more than just Resins.
15972310 Fav_fish wrote:Oh okay I just checked - it has natural lightning dmg :) read first - ask later...

You know a good point to farm it?

If Greirat survives pillaging Irithyll, you can buy them off him. If not, I like to farm the Lothric Knights guarding Oceiros (usually after killing the boss and using the bonfire the boss spawns).

15972311 Fav_fish wrote:Btw. Is it worth farming Dark moon Blade? Better for pvp isn't it?

Ehh.... With the Lothric Knight Greatsword in particular, you want lightning damage specifically, due to its natural lightning damage. You can if you want to buff things other than the LKG, but do realize that Darkmoon Blade is probably the most annoying thing to farm for in the entire game IMO. I've heard horror stories of people spending 8+ hours farming to get the Proofs of Concords
15972313 Fav_fish wrote:Is the lingering dragoncrest ring worth?

Sure? Depends on the situation and how much you want to rely on the buff. In higher NG+ cycles you can get improved versions of the ring. Personally I use it on some of my buff builds during longer boss fights.

15972319 Fav_fish wrote:And gotthards in comparison to sellswords?

Sellswords are faster and have a more fluid moveset. In a buff build, the higher number of attacks per second will lead to far more overall damage. Gotthard has more reach tho. In PvP I'd say Gotthard's reach is better in formal duels, but the Sellswords with a strong buff have a crazy combo that is almost guarenteed to insta-kill a phantom. In PvE, Sellswords are just faster at killing things, so they get my vote.

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 20,709.50
Wiki Edits: 18
15972345 Rangrok wrote:15972311 Fav_fish wrote:
Btw. Is it worth farming Dark moon Blade? Better for pvp isn't it?

Ehh.... With the Lothric Knight Greatsword in particular, you want lightning damage specifically, due to its natural lightning damage. You can if you want to buff things other than the LKG, but do realize that Darkmoon Blade is probably the most annoying thing to farm for in the entire game IMO. I've heard horror stories of people spending 8+ hours farming to get the Proofs of Concords

dorkmoon blade is a great buff to use when you use the Drakeblood greatsword as your primary weapon. otherwise, usually players are less resistant to magic than lightning because lightning resistance scales on endurance (everybody got 40 or close) while intelligence determines the magic resistance and only mages have a significant amount but they usually have the crown equipped so they take still lots or magic damage.
but this is mostly for PvP.
in PvE, I do not think dorkmoon blade is any better.
that said, the build would also work great with a sharp or refined infusion and either lightning blade or dorkmoon. A blessed infusion is also really good but you cannot buff it no more, losing most of the point
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!

Makimagister

Casual
Convict

Souls: 463.00
announakis wrote:mmmhhh....yes, faith investment is good only if you get up to 30ish or if you get a physical stat real high and put blessed weapon on it.

if you like buffs and faith, I would strongly recommend you try something like this:

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/240894

str 24
dex 40
faith 30
att 14

use the lothric knight greatsword....sharp: 669 AR
buff it with lightning blade and boom over 800 AR.... quite frankly this is almost cheating...it is that good. the initial lightning damage (170 i believe) is ok but not great. but once buffed, it tears through anything. Note you can still use resins and bundles if out of the buff.

or if you wanna stick to low faith and high dex, use the astora GS at 16 str and 60+ dex and put blessed weapon on it....boom 640-650 AR buffed, pure physical.

use some fast weapon like sellsword twin blades or a straight sword to complement it...you're set.

Quality build should be good with mild stat bonus (Str Dex D/C or C/D)
Black knight weapons are greater choice (Black knight Greatsword/Axe) Or Gael's Greatsword
Sunlight straight sword should be good with faith build or u need only Oath of sunlight buff. However If you are looking for PVE, then choice want you want.
I always gonna hate PVP mostly because over 60% people are lag players for me. SOB SOB

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 20,709.50
Wiki Edits: 18
@Makimagister
for personal interest, where do you live ? city/country wise?
I have my little personal idea about latency problem that I would like to get confirmed (or not)
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!