Anything without a home!

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 55.00
Bank: 4,558.00
Wiki Edits: 5
Lich180 wrote:Every single time I've flown, I've been pulled aside for additional inspection. First time was fresh out of boot camp in San Diego, in my service uniform (lots of metal set off the detector), then every flight after because my carry on was a laptop (gotta be entertained for the lay overs and 16hr flights). Even had my actual luggage searched because it had my other uniforms in it, and had a little note.

This was before the new x-ray scatter things.

so now they pull you aside because they can't believe it?

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,750.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
So this is funny as hell. My dad had a.....fair amount of Tequila to ease a sickness he had after visiting some old neighbors. Ends up talking about how fire is more complex than a bike, car, and even a human being. Basically, the argument started that I said fire was so powerful, beautiful, yet simple and basic, and he said well if it's so simple, make it, so I say, dad, I just made some in the house, I started the stove up. He says, no you didn't make the fire, god made fire, and that's why it's more complex than anything humans could make, if it's so simple, make it, blow it out of your hands. Then I say "dad, fire is a combination of heat and light energy as a result of a chemical reaction of matter. hence why it's simple. Fire, heat energy, light energy, it burns, it lights, it warms, not much to understand about it, it is a basic element of nature. Then it just kind of goes on like that where he says fire is only simple cause as a simple human, I can only have a simple understanding of it, and his understanding is more complex, hence why fire is complex. When I ask him to explain, he says it's more complex cause he understands it as more complex, so that's why it's more complex, basically circular logic.

So then the conversation somehow transitions to me being directly created by god, not my mother, so I jokingly say, "So I'm Jesus?", and he says yes, we're all Jesus. So yeah, if there was ever a man to convince me to be religious, he is not that man.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 22,906.50
Wiki Edits: 18
Security theater. None of the extra "security" actually does anything. I'll take a damn boat to europe before I let TSA violate my 4th amendment rights and my privacy.

The point of 9/11 was to create fear and damage our way of life. Because of people's cowardice, it has been a success. That's the real legacy of it. Irreperable damage to the rights of citizens of modern societies.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 55.00
Bank: 4,558.00
Wiki Edits: 5
every time the american assassin trailer plays i cringe and feel embarrassed.

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 9,924.50
If that what that trailer is? I'll admit I don't pay attention to movies much anymore, unless it's a Marvel one, or maybe some kids movie that has adult level jokes.

I don't even watch much TV, for the same reasons. Too much junk that I don't care about, so I pirate.. I mean, stream what I want.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Lich180 wrote:I don't even watch much TV, for the same reasons. Too much junk that I don't care about, so I pirate.. I mean, stream what I want.

I'd gladly go to legal sites to watch the shows I want to and support the creators if.

1.) the not so legal sites didn't offer far better streaming and video players

2.) legal streaming sites didn't require me to sign up and download apps.

and most importantly

3.) they actually offered the shows I wanted to watch.

really, how hard is it to store you're frankly massive library of shows Cartoon Network? Nickelodeon? Disney? And of course anime sites like Crunchyroll and Funimation don't have half the stuff I look for. I even check the legal sites first to see if they have the show I'm looking to watch, nope, just an article talking about it. And I just can't think why. Why can't the legal sites offer good video players? Why does my buffering freeze frequently while using them? If they had the shows I want to watch, and offered good video players, I'd gladly sign up to watch them, hell, I'd even download the client to watch them, but not if the service they offer is so poor and limited. I'd rather either 1, buy physical discs, or 2 stream from better sites that actually have what I want.

I got a free steam video recently and even the steam video player works better than those of Crunchyroll or cartoon network.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

Reaperfan

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 5,167.00
EldritchImagination wrote:really, how hard is it to store you're frankly massive library of shows Cartoon Network? Nickelodeon? Disney? And of course anime sites like Crunchyroll and Funimation don't have half the stuff I look for. I even check the legal sites first to see if they have the show I'm looking to watch, nope, just an article talking about it. And I just can't think why. Why can't the legal sites offer good video players? Why does my buffering freeze frequently while using them? If they had the shows I want to watch, and offered good video players, I'd gladly sign up to watch them, hell, I'd even download the client to watch them, but not if the service they offer is so poor and limited. I'd rather either 1, buy physical discs, or 2 stream from better sites that actually have what I want.

I get the feeling part of this is because they don't WANT to encourage the growth of the online streaming idea as a whole. If every network offered every show they have available, conveniently (as in NOT using crappy video formats and whatever), then who would ever actually watch TV at that point? If the actual TV industry crashes, imagine how much ad revenue and broadcasting deals and such get lost. I can't imagine any amount of online subscriber system would be enough to make up for losing that whole, probably-too-deeply-ingrained industry.
A system error occurred during event movement.
A system error occurred during event movement...

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Reaperfan wrote:
EldritchImagination wrote:really, how hard is it to store you're frankly massive library of shows Cartoon Network? Nickelodeon? Disney? And of course anime sites like Crunchyroll and Funimation don't have half the stuff I look for. I even check the legal sites first to see if they have the show I'm looking to watch, nope, just an article talking about it. And I just can't think why. Why can't the legal sites offer good video players? Why does my buffering freeze frequently while using them? If they had the shows I want to watch, and offered good video players, I'd gladly sign up to watch them, hell, I'd even download the client to watch them, but not if the service they offer is so poor and limited. I'd rather either 1, buy physical discs, or 2 stream from better sites that actually have what I want.

I get the feeling part of this is because they don't WANT to encourage the growth of the online streaming idea as a whole. If every network offered every show they have available, conveniently (as in NOT using crappy video formats and whatever), then who would ever actually watch TV at that point? If the actual TV industry crashes, imagine how much ad revenue and broadcasting deals and such get lost. I can't imagine any amount of online subscriber system would be enough to make up for losing that whole, probably-too-deeply-ingrained industry.

Makes sense. I've heard similar rationalizations for other things, such as the shift from traditional news and entertainment media to independents like youtubers and smaller media creators.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Well, I played some of those Humble Bundle games.

Samorost 3 was a artistic point and click. Puzzles were weren't really hard, mostly just a matter of figuring out how it works, then it's quite easy to actually solve the puzzle. Buuuuuut, hard puzzles in point and clicks are about as fun to me as a playing against a racist hacker in an online shooter, so that's not really a problem for me, quite the opposite. Plus there's even a hint book if you need an idea of what to do next. Besides that, I found the art style and graphics just marvelous. detailed, varied, and alive with everything that goes on in the levels without being overwhelming. Story's simple, young Main character goes on journey to help musical monks against one evil monk, but really, I think the main focus of the game was to be about exploration and puzzles, which I say it does excellently.

Besides some minor complaints, it's beautiful, the music is a pleasure to the ears, and the puzzles are fun.

As for another game, Caveblazers, think Binding of Issac plus Shovel knight. Pixel action platformer rogue-like that really, REALLY RNG dependent, and that's my main gripe with it. Whether you ahve the gear to fight the next level is completely dependent on whether or not RNJesus blesses you with divine digital fortune. Sometimes I can go through multiple boss fights and not get anything better than my starting melee or ranged weapon. There are also some unbalanced aspects, such as the fact that healing shrines have ridiculously high price spacing. They increase as you get more health and progress, but by the end, I can't imagine someone being able to buy them unless they either bought very little else in previous levels, or fortuned upon one of the perks/items that offer higher gold boosts.

It's fun, but can get unfair and frustrating at times, especially since you kind of need to have strong ranged and melee, (especially ranged) weapons by the end, and the RNG might not be feeling generous. Also, as far as I can tell, you can't quit mid-dungeon and start where you left off like the Binding of Issac, so if you quit game, it's back to the beginning.

Edit: oh yeah, one extra negative. Some of the enemy and boss attacks are just annoying, not challenging, not fun, not something that requires skill to evade, just annoying. Certain humanoid enemies can throw ranged attack, but they have so little warning and move as fact as your attacks, so they're nigh impossible to dodge unless you already are evading it, or you are expecting it. The obligatory spider boss shoots poison bombs that leave DoT gas clouds, but as long as you run away from it when it's shooting them, and stay away, it's pretty easy to not get hit, then just leaving it to tedious pot shots at the boss from afar. finally, and this thing is just awful, there's a blue blob creature that launches itself at you like a cannon. It blows up on contact, and destroys blocks. It's a pain to fight, and whether you can hit it with range depends on positioning and area layout.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Also Psychonauts is free on Humble Bundle, okay, goodnight.