Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I really want to like this weapon, but i just cant. The damage buff doesnt last long enough and its damage just seems kinda low. Sure its not upgraded but i do better damage with a Dark Buff and other weapons which also offer the option for different buffs. The weapon looks cool, but thats about it.
Without the damage buff, the damage is terrible. With the damage buff its just rubbish. Outdone by other weapons with ease, looks cool but thats it. The buff has a low duration and add in the loss of weapon buffs and infusions it kinda just feels very lacking. Disappointing :/
Lol u are kiding right? Without buf f with 40/40 i'm getting 644 AR with dark clutch fire clutch, and blindfold with buff it jumps up to 810, then if I ned to i use power within and it jumps up to 960 ar that is nnot lacking... the buf lasts just long enough to rek some major*****
Bullcrap, this weapon is for a pryromancer, what the MLGS is for a sorcerer, I haven't lost a single fight with it you're full of*****.
You can hit enemies with the activation of the WA, in a short distance in front of you. If they are just within range, it'll do a small amount of damage, I'm assuming fire damage, and if close up it hits with almost a full buffed R1 strike worth of damage. I mainly use it to KO a charging weaker enemy while buffing my weapon at the same time.
At 14 Str, 12 Dex, 40 Int, 40 Faith this weapon has 520 dmg and buffed with WA its has 665 dmg. I do a Vilhelm cosplay and use it with dark hand (rarely land it) and Filianore Chime or Canvas Talisman with Vow of Silence and Great Geal. Perfect for invasions (because you can stay alive with the heal) and 3vs3 are a win everytime.
With its poor scaling and relatively low damage, I feel like this weapon is best used with higher SL builds that can spare heavy investment into 4 stats, getting the most out its potential. I have a sick SL 300 Spellsword Elric of Melnibone fashion that literally slays with this weapon.
No, it has 640 AR when buffed with 30/30 ( would be 700+ with 40/40 )
deals dark damage which is the best damage in the game
longest range greatsword
counters shield
has a true combo ( two handed R1 L2 )
R1 R1 + R2 is a rollcatch
Sadly since it's a pyro build you can't have poise so you gotta space. that's poor for a greatsword But that's only one negative thing
Lmao, SL162 40 Str/30Dex/35 Int build, my Onyx blade is sweet af, especially against those weak to Dark, my pyro warrior build is op.
Mine only does 308 base AR, why!!!!
the WA adds 145 flat fire damage idk why the page says its a %.....
the WA attack scales with int/fth. i upped int from 17 to 20 and the damage went from 325 to 331 against fire keeper.
The weapon is cool and decent, however it have too much problems. At 14/12/40/40 this weapon have 152 physical Ar and 368 dark Ar. Too low for PvP. The buff give 145 fire ar, giving a very low buff in PvP.

With dark clutch ring this weapon reach 152 + 423 + 145. Low overall damage. A damage buff Like deep protection or sacred oath is needed.