Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Mcsticken

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Just killed her early, and got reduced souls. I didn't see how much I got, but I finished with 51030 souls, counting my souls coming in to the fight, and the souls from my Covetous Silver Serpent ring. I think I got 49500 souls (I don't remember how much I had coming in, but this would make sense), compared to the 60000 souls I got a few days ago when I came through after beating the three Lords of Cinder.

Mcsticken

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Just did the early fight again, and definitely got 49500 souls, including bonus CSSR souls.
For the Dancer I don't advise using a shield unless it's something like Morne's Greatshield with ridiculous stability.

You should always keep your distances from the dancer as her flurry of attacks can be extremly hard to dodge for a beginer, try putting at least half of the arena bettwen her and you.

The attacks you can retaliate after are:

-The spining dance she uses when she goes into 2nd phase, wait for it to end then get 2 hits on her. Alternatively you can synchronize your rolls with her swings during that combo, not only will you look super stylish while doing it but you will also be able to get 3 hits on her.

-The attack where she thrusts her sword into the ground to create an explosion, wait for BOTH of the explosions to occure then run to her and get 1 hit on her

-The two attacks where she swipes her sword to create a barrier of fire/dark infront of her, you can get 1 or 2 hits on her if you can get behiend her

-The attack where she does an uppercut slash with both of her swords, dodge the attack and get 1 or 2 hits on her

It is important to keep your distances as the dancer is one of the least mobile bosses of the game, also her jumping attack is followed by a very fast spinning attack so just run away when she uses

HuntingUnkindled

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 100.00
Medium shield works too. While true high stability is better, medium shield can also work as a way to negate a hit or two from her. Beginners will not have a good time dodging her hence medium shield are of importance in this fight.
If you're playing strength build, you can use dark resin or darkmoon blade and use charged R2 on a curved greatsword, roll away and repeat.

I was using Exile Greatsword since it was my strongest weapon with Str/Fai build. Any other weapon with a charged R2 should be able to do the same provided the reach is there.
>Killed Yhorm the Giant
>3 Flasks Left
>Third of the Lords of Cinder I defeated so I get tp'd to High wall of Lothric
>Blind playthrough so I put the plate under the head like a *****ing idiot
>70k souls on me
>Dancer of Boreal Valley pops up
>o*****.

TastesLikePanda

Souls: 50.00
>Killed Yhorm the Giant

>3 Flasks Left

>Third of the Lords of Cinder I defeated so I get tp'd to High wall of Lothric

>Blind playthrough so I put the plate under the head like a *****ing idiot

>70k souls on me

>Dancer of Boreal Valley pops up

>o*****.
Man, you made me rofl
I had 90k with me

Makimagister

Casual
Convict

Souls: 463.00
3 words, Use Homeward Bone
this boss is plain *******
@arhourigan made a video on The Game Theorists about THe Dancer of The Boreal Valley and why she is so difficult. He also explains how to defeat her.
Carthus greatsword+5 allowed me to beat her second try thanks to the bleed.
one of the worst bosses.....estus and punish windows are way too long....no ember no resin lvl 91....only had to use 3 estuses....easily dodged combos.....disappointed
You are way too over leveled for this boss.
this boss is for lv50+ dumbass and dont use estus and say easy boss
Level 91 is far too high if it was on the first game cycle.

Makimagister

Casual
Convict

Souls: 463.00
NG+ ,SL 120-125 Faith build, Sunlight straight sword + Oath of sunlight + Deep protection + Lightning blade + Pontiff's right eye + Lighting clutch ring + Ring of Flavor + Chloranty ring + Dragon crest shield (700-800 DMG/Hit)

Can beat her in 10 seconds before second phase