Souls at NG+9: 19125
The black creature in phase 2 is a pus of man right

Lynx

Souls: 50.00
yes, very likely so
Soul of Cinder? One-shot.
Dancer of the Boreal Valley? One-shot.
Nameless King? Three-shot.

Iudex Gundyr, the "tutorial boss"? Still kills me 5-10 times whenever I make a new character, because I effectively "forget" how the game works.
I maintain that Gundyr is a piece of filth and completely inappropriate as a tutorial. As far as I can tell, his main purpose is to inflate the ego of veteran players.
For anyone who struggles and doesn't want to waste hours of their life on him, just make a sorcerer or pyromancer and then follow whatever path you want from there.
how are you having issues beating the arguably easiest boss in the game?
I haven't died once fighting gundyr and I'm by no mean a veteran, hell my very first playthrough of DS3 (which at the time was my first DS game) I beat him first try its just simply dodging or parrying
This is objectively the single easiest boss in the game. The reason you "forget" how to not die is because you're not used to having infinite health so you just facetank hits then wonder why you died because you can't rely on your overlevelled crutch and actually have to play the videogame. If you really think that this boss that's never killed me more than once is harder than Dancer, why don't you go fight her without levelling up once? You can do it before fighting Vordt if you kill the NPC.

HuntingUnkindled

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 100.00
If you die 5-10 times against Iudex, I need some receipts on that SoC, Dancer & TNK One-shots.
I'm worried about your leveling up process. Are you okay?
You are simply just***** at the game

ludex gundyr is easy money

it takes me like 2 minutes to kill him on any game

GlowZoe

Souls: 50.00
Hmmm yes I see *******
Gundyr was op but never met fire keeper , so he has 0 life and damage but ultra swagg mooveset
The real crazy part is, champion gundyr never met a firekeeper either. So both of them are still at SL1. I guess Iudex is just him coming back to the game after a few months of not playing.
Already beat high lord wolnir and crystal sage and I miss this boss.
How the F**k do you miss this boss
No, you didn't.
this guys beastmode heres a tale
Where is he now?
After being shot in the *****ing balls he went and became a unkindled. He needed to become someone else, or something else, annnnddddd gets destroyed by dat first boss cause he chose thief and couldn’t fight to save his life. Now he is back at that first bonfire grindin for years and getting nowhere.
i agree
Beastmode tale right there
I beat him on my second try while completely s*** faced at my friends house. Playing as a depraved, I think was what it was called.. I looked like a caveman? Anyways, easy boss, club him to death.
Did you know Gundyr can be staggered in his second phase? I tried to do a critical follow-up, but could only do a normal hit with the counter sound playing.
he has still the horizontal move and the sting attack I believe which should be parry able but there is no real reason to try that out instead of killing him fast and move on.
There is one move in his second phase that is parryable.
Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK07IoYYYIo

HuntingUnkindled

Addicted
First Warden

His halberd attacks in his 2nd phase are parryable, just the attacks from his dark projections cannot be parried.

HuntingUnkindled

Addicted
First Warden

He's very easy even for a first time player if you bait him. During both of his phases lure him (by keeping distance) to do his jump attack, this can easily be avoided by rolling to the side then get a hit or 2. One will not get hit using this strategy. Also hitting the darker portion of his body does more damage than hitting the main body.