Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Get the Fire Stoneplate Ring and the Dark Stoneplate ring, if you've got the stats for it, use the Wolf K***ht Greatsword or the Farron Greatsword, it's basically just turns it into the battle of the Obnoxious Damage Sponges, and you'll eventually win out of sheer luck if not because you learned to dodge his absurd phantom range attacks and learned where the lasers go when he does them.

I'm not kidding I've killed him about six times now and this is how I do it every time. He moves to much for Pestilent Mercury to be satisfactory to me so I just do this. He's cheap, Overpowered, Tanky, Yadda Yadda Yadda, you already know it all. But you can combat it by having an ear to it. It's just one more example of artificial difficulty (I'm not saying the WHOLE game has it, but parts of it certainly do).

Defend Specifically against his attacks (Physical, Fire, Dark) use what he's weak to (Abyss Weapons) and don't lock on unless he's super far away. Chaos infuse a Medium or Tower Shield to just soak up his Fire breath attacks that you have trouble dodgeing (What I did for my build that just uses a GreatAxe and has no Dex so no Wolf K***ht Greatsword)

Oh, and "Get Good" or whatever it is those Mindless Frat-boys say. You know the ones.
Hes not really overpowered at all. Spongy, but certainly not unfair. Dark stoneplate is a waste of a ring slot since the explosions are very telegraphed and dodgeable and the laser beam will kill you either way if it hits. May as well use that ring for something else useful.
To be honest Midir is not the problem, the camera and the attacks hitbox are
All the big enemies of this game should go semi-transparent every time they are between the camera and the player... it's so obnoxious
Having a tail swipe hit you while you are in front of it's rear legs is BS and then the charge... you can see it coming and start rolling, but even if you are quite far if you were right in straight line of it's head it'll get you no matter, so yeah, always try not to be on it's head line. The chest is "quite safe" (from one-shot attacks) except when phase 2 starts, if you are there at that moment you are dead

And then it has a staple of the series the "kangaroo jumping" (because Sif is not a wolf it's a kangaroo, you know the quote: "if looks like a wolf but jumps like kangaroo, it's a kangaroo"). So you manage to get close to the boss, you are going to hit it... nope, boss jumps/flies/charges away once... twice... thrice?? can I play...?
Happened to me all the time when I'd summon the Shira NPC to help me fight him. "Oh, you brought a friend? Excuse me while I constantly scoot away from you so I can wail on your phantom until she dies. You can just wait over there ok?"

HuntingUnkindled

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 100.00
I agree. Midir's hard because of his hitbox which is just insane. The camera is terrible when you are near him as well. Big bosses should be banned because of how annoying camera becomes against them. This battle is reminiscent of Cleric Beast & Paarl from Bloodborne due to the horrendous camera angles.
another difficulty is, that you can just trigger his head. It should be possible to trigger also his legs and his tale.
Combat Information:
'Phantom(s) can fall into boss fight area after waking up Midir by host'

So like normal? Don't phantoms normally fall to reach the arena like the host? What does that mean...
he is talking about the npc
For anyone who is having trouble with the pestilent mercury strategy, I would recommend using the witchtree branch because of its significantly faster casting speed.
so is it like the ancient wyvern were i'll have to switch weapons mid fight?
No. Just pick a good weapon against him. Examples: Dragonslayer Spear or Swordspear, etc. -Mikko
I think you mean Sinh.
midir CAN kill invaders by fire on the first bridge. learned it the hard way.

HuntingUnkindled

Addicted
First Warden

This is the most incomplete page on the wiki. There's no info whatsoever on dodging his beams during the 2nd phase. Extremely unhelpful.

The only beams you have to worry about from his attack are the first, third and sixth beams as they'll come straight at you and must be dodged to the side. The other beams are circular in nature so you need to walk forward or backward. Easiest way to dodge them are to walk/roll side -> backward -> side -> backward -> side -> backward. With proper timing it'll not hit you even once. Instead of backward, forward works too. That'll also allow you to get in a hit or two as this attack will exhaust him. His Affinity attack can also be dodged by side stepping to either side.

The first time one encounters him, they'll have enough time to get a hit or two by running up to him as he'll take time to get up. But on subsequent tries, he'll already be up and he'll open with breathe -> combo dash. Easiest way to dodge this is to walk to the side as he breathes and once he walks towards you roll towards him and get under him.

iota-09

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 75.00
also, if you can get behind him, at least for what i know ater the second beam, you'll pretty much be 100% safe(though it's risky, so don't do it unless you already were close to begin with)
Definitely a tough fight, but I got him on my 5th try with the help of a player phantom.

I had way more trouble trying to defeat the Demon Prince, whom I bested with the help of 2 player phantoms on the 31st try.
Dude thats your problem demon prince has way too much health when you summon more than one phantom
Yo. :) I beat Darkeater Midir solo and in 1 try during my 1st playthrough. And that was only because of Fextralife's info, and Kamies' and Fextralife's vids on YT. Kamies beat Midir without taking damage = excellent video. Just beat Midir on NG+/ 2nd playthrough, but this time it took 2 tries. My crucial mistake for NG+: I summoned Shira this time. Please don't summon her. She just boosts Midir's HP. XD | I then beat Midir during my 2nd attempt solo. Trust me, watch Kamies' and Fextralife's Midir vids, and you'll realize that soloing Midir feels more natural and adrenaline-inducing. Have fun! :D -Mikko
XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

HuntingUnkindled

Addicted
First Warden

The best non-solo strat against him is to use 2 players - a Melee (preferably Dex builds since they are faster) + a FTH build who spams Lightning Arrow (the only way to drive up its damage to 350 and above is 60 FTH+ which can be achieved by the two rings with a +10 Catalyst alongwith Lightning Clutch Ring) or a Sorcerer build with 60INT who casts Crystal Soul Spear. 2 Melee makes for a very hard battle as he'll target 1 character, which makes it hard for the 2nd player to hit him as his positions becomes difficult to manoeuvre around. Pestilent Mercury is not a good strategy for solo players, but it works very well when co-oping with 1 other player as one can be the bait while the other casts Pestilent Mercury.
Yes this is totally legit. If you are melee summon a faith build and let them range with Lightning Arrow, and provide back up heal/buffs when needed. This is how me and a friend have taken him out on several playthrus.
or just get good

HuntingUnkindled

Addicted
First Warden

How helpful you are anon. The "git gud" spamming part of Souls community is just plain toxic.