Anything without a home!
 7
Reply  
Avatar

Praise-the-sun

Revived
Savior

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:33 am
Souls: 10,840.50
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 2209
Reputation: 110
#61
SilkyGoodness wrote:
Praise-the-sun wrote:Citations for these studies are needed. "Indicated".


As a Swiss man whos drunk milk all my life, I can say all my bones are very healthy. Maybe thats just due to my genes. I know I havent seen any studies that strongly correlate milk consumption to any negative effects like osteoporosis. The opposite actually.

I distinctly remember you telling me you were vegan. 🤔

I think ethically milk consumption is bad, but that doesnt mean Im forced to insert bias into scientific arguments like many vegans do.

I wasnt always vegan
Avatar

SilkyGoodness

Hollowed
Redeemer

Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:07 am
Souls: 9,440.00
Bank: 401.00
Posts: 1657
Reputation: 48
#62
Praise-the-sun wrote:
SilkyGoodness wrote:
Praise-the-sun wrote:Citations for these studies are needed. "Indicated".


As a Swiss man whos drunk milk all my life, I can say all my bones are very healthy. Maybe thats just due to my genes. I know I havent seen any studies that strongly correlate milk consumption to any negative effects like osteoporosis. The opposite actually.

I distinctly remember you telling me you were vegan. 🤔

I think ethically milk consumption is bad, but that doesnt mean Im forced to insert bias into scientific arguments like many vegans do.

I wasnt always vegan

Well the whole bone weakening isn't backed up scientifically, but it is a junk food. That's pretty easy to see. It mostly causes heart problems, and problems associated with a highly acidic diet, but everything that comes from an animal just about causes these issues.

Aka the problems with eating milk is most comparable to eating cake or something of that nature.
Avatar

Praise-the-sun

Revived
Savior

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:33 am
Souls: 10,840.50
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 2209
Reputation: 110
#63
Whats your definition of a junk food?


http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dai ... ducts/69/2 .Milk


I dont see anything junky about this. Lets compare it to a bunch of other things to get a bigger picture

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/278488/2 .almond milk (often quoted as a superfood by buzzfeed type sources)

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fru ... ces/1822/2 .apple juice

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fru ... ces/1971/2 .orange juice

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fru ... ces/1809/2 .raw apple with skin
VIP
Avatar

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Japan
Souls: 266,047.49
Bank: 7,643.71
Posts: 12414
Reputation: 709
Wiki Edits: 20209
#64
Ok well enough of this absurd milk thing, Silky is welcome to his opinions regardless of how ill-informed they may look. Unlikely anyone will change his mind and completely off topic.

If anyone has commentary for op please go ahead, otherwise this thread is probably finishing up :)

I will delete posts that continue off-topic. If you want to talk about this take it to private messages.
Fextralife.com
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

SeyroonTheMage

Casual
Convict

Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 10:16 am
Souls: 445.00
Posts: 60
Reputation: 5
Wiki Edits: 8
#65
SeyroonTheMage wrote:I wouldn't say it's a completely ignorant strawman. There were several references to specific people/events clearly *** in nature, as well as generally parodying known *** tactics.

To elaborate on this a little bit...

SeyroonTheMage wrote:Today I'm going to point out all the ways in which Chess is sexist, racist, and homophobic.

This is an allusion to the infamous lines uttered at the beginning of this video. Fexelea I think posted a version of the ensuing song already, but I'm posting it again as this version includes some examples of supposedly sexist things, like milk, I was at a loss for earlier. You might notice there's an image seemingly showing people unironically claiming Chess is, in fact, racist and sexist from six years ago from the time the video was made, presumably, which was in 2015. I swear I knew nothing about this. :laughing:

SeyroonTheMage wrote:He's always hogging the game board, blocking the aisles and leaving no room for the Queen to walk or sit, creating an unsafe space from which she cannot escape the various other pieces' continuous coffee-getting invitations, dad jokes, Tweets, and other such PTSD-inducing **** and death-threats.

This alludes to the whole manspreading hysteria and this, this, and this.
Avatar

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,750.00
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 5445
Reputation: 262
Wiki Edits: 3
#66
Damn men, how dare they have something between their legs that makes holding them together painful and awkward to do.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.
 7