Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!

theotherMittens

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 6,146.00
Is it really $29.99? That does not look like a $29.99 game. Looks good, I'll be keeping my eye on it.

dn1nd

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 38,906.00
Wiki Edits: 114
I loved Heavenly Sword. So I am sure I will enjoy this game too.

Shop Icon

Fallenangel700

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,923.50
Wiki Edits: 196
Sidney_Losstarot wrote:Yeah the price is that and it's a little suspicious....does it mean it's a 20 hrs game ?
Will it be replayable ?
I'm confused.....

The guys in the video said they wanted to bring back the mid sized game. So 20-30 hours does sound right. And any good game has some amount of replayability. I'm certain the devs want to put some in there.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 503.04
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 459
From what they've revealed so far it seems like they're going for a shorter but deeper experience. I'm totally fine with that.

EDIT: Their take on it...

"Ninja Theory is defined by three things: ninja-class melee gameplay, strong character stories and a unique art vision.

On Hellblade, we will double down on what we do best to give you a deeper character in a twisted world with brutal, uncompromising, combat.

We are embracing the creative spirit that comes with independence without letting go of the stunning production values that we are known for. It’s not indie, it’s not AAA. This is a third way. its independent AAA.

It’s about making a more focused game experience that isn’t trying to be all things to all people but satisfies a particular gaming itch. It’s about being in command of our creativity so that we can give you what you want from us at a lower price.

It’s very early days in the project but we are opening our doors and inviting you to join us every step of the way. We want to show you how we make this game warts and all so that you can be part of this journey.

The game is dedicated to our fans and supporters."
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

theotherMittens

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 6,146.00
skarekrow13 wrote:From what they've revealed so far it seems like they're going for a shorter but deeper experience. I'm totally fine with that.

EDIT: Their take on it...

"Ninja Theory is defined by three things: ninja-class melee gameplay, strong character stories and a unique art vision.

On Hellblade, we will double down on what we do best to give you a deeper character in a twisted world with brutal, uncompromising, combat.

We are embracing the creative spirit that comes with independence without letting go of the stunning production values that we are known for. It’s not indie, it’s not AAA. This is a third way. its independent AAA.

It’s about making a more focused game experience that isn’t trying to be all things to all people but satisfies a particular gaming itch. It’s about being in command of our creativity so that we can give you what you want from us at a lower price.

It’s very early days in the project but we are opening our doors and inviting you to join us every step of the way. We want to show you how we make this game warts and all so that you can be part of this journey.

The game is dedicated to our fans and supporters."

This sold the game to me. I don't want to look up any more about it, I'm just gonna buy it.
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 503.04
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 459
I'd encourage anyone interested to check out their site http://www.hellblade.com/

There's really cool developer diary kinda stuff, including a look at the actors they're using for motion capture and all that. There's some cool media to take a peek at too.

The only thing I found I need to share with everyone came from their relatively short FAQs. They anticipate the game to last between 6-8 hours. I don't see anything on replayability so there's the caution flag for some buyers. If you're gonna buy it regardless, I'd say do the pre-order route so at least you can get the theme or comic to help boost the value a touch.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon