Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I planned a build that uses this weapon in offhand to parry. Turns out it can't. Learn the weapons before making harsh decisions, my friends

Nikushimi

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 947.00
It would also be nice if they listed if it could or couldn't parry. You have to go to the parry section of this wiki to find out what does an doesn't :\

I know the feeling though. Several curved swords I wanted to use off hand for parrying I couldn't, and I was hoping that the quick step of daggers would work off hand but they don't unless 2 handed. RIP
Wow ***** you stat requirements says my sorceress - I'm playing around with CMW vs my +10 Crystal Dagger on the Lothric Knights at the castle bonfire before going onto NG+ (farming spec - 99 luck, 70 int, no str or dex) and this thing at +4 does comparable damage to CMW-buffed +9 Raw Rapier. 700ish vs 800ish back stab, 435 vs 451 charged r2, and nearly the same damage on Stance attacks. Obviously the Rapier is the stronger one in each of these instances but holy *****ing*****. Just the int scaling alone on this early game weapon *with stat penalty on the physical* is enough to nearly match an endgame sorcery cast from an endgame staff? And yeah it's fkn ridiculous, like 364 crystal sage AR vs about 540+ buffed raw rapier AR
288 magic damage and 126 physical damage at 60/40 dex/int.
Compared to a Sharp Rapier that can reach 350 AR (40 dex) before even being buffed, this thing is useless for attacking enemies.
Woops, it's 60/40 int/dex, not dex/int.
Imgine if its weapon art was that horizontal swipe that the actual boss does with it. Kinda like a shorter version of the pontiff knight curved sword's weapon art, but maybe a bit faster to compensate. Its a shame that a cool looking weapon like this is only being used for farming items.
is this weapon still bad or did it get an update
An active slot means I'd have to hold it to get the stat gain, correct? I'm farming Swordgrass at so 196, and it's a pain.
It needs to be in one of the slots on the screen (and visible on the character), but you can wield whatever you have in the other hand two-handed and still get the effect. This works the same for all auxiliary effects, like Shield of Want for farming souls or Grass Crest Shield for stamina recovery.
I hate when a boss-tier weapon is reduced to a mere trinket you carry purely due to Miyazaki's*****s-n-giggles.

Since this weapon can be swung horizontally by the boss, why not let the players do the same with it? And if it has Crystals on the blade, that only makes the poor physical damage inexcusable along with the poor magic damage this weapon gets. The R1s can poke, but let the R2s be swings for Slash damage if nothing else.
This can be used for parrying in your offhand, so you get a tool that boosts item discovery and parries attacks.
Anyone done farming with these and have 1 or 2 crystal rapiers that they don't need anymore? I need them to farm Human Dregs and Proof of Concords. I'm in NG and accidentally used my Sage soul for the sorcery. I'd like to farm all covenant items before NG+. Please end my suffering! PSN: AdrianTheDork505