Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

eremHaNeoN

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 3,222.00
Wiki Edits: 38
So say I have a weapon or armor I made up with their own stats and so on, maybe with some damage-boosting rings on top for instance and I want to get a more or less accurate assessment of the damage/defense I would have. Trouble is I can't find any that is either user-friendly or allows you to do calculations that step outside the game's actual armor, weapons and so forth. This is for that Dark Souls 3-themed pseudo-P&P I'm participating in/hoping will attract other players. I see there is something like, this: http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/D ... Calculator but I have not a damn clue how to use it.

So can anyone help, turning me in the right direction for a custom calculator with Dark Souls 3 mechanics in mind but one that allows me to input my own numbers and not just ones of pre-existing weapons, armor, catalysts and so forth? Is the one I linked to one such calculator and if so, how do I even use it?
Through Dark Souls of futures past. The speed runner longs to see. One boosts between a pair of binos. Parry Walk with Me.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

eremHaNeoN

Caffeinated
Guardian

Every time I tried going through that it froze or crashed my browser.
Through Dark Souls of futures past. The speed runner longs to see. One boosts between a pair of binos. Parry Walk with Me.

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,796.50
eremHaNeoN wrote:Every time I tried going through that it froze or crashed my browser.

Use Chrome, or, you don't have enough RAM?
I can see it in your eyes. If you didn't invade, didn't pillage, whatever would you do?
Phantom Build Guide Doc (non meta SL) (Thread)

Feord

Souls: 62.00
Thanks for the Google doc, working fine for me on Chrome.

eremHaNeoN

Caffeinated
Guardian

You got me, I was trying to run it on Firefox (maybe I have too many tabs open?) but I can scroll through it fine now that I'm using it on Chrome...

Alright I am at the point where I can edit things (I clicked File and "Make a copy") and now... I'm still lost. :-/

Like, OK, let's say... let's say I have a sorcery catalyst that I can use but has a spell buff of 90 with my int. at 32 (it has an int. requirement of 15 with D scaling at +0). I equip a Young Dragon Ring (12% magic damage boost), Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring (20% magic damage boost) and a made-up ring that gives me a 25% magic damage boost. IN ADDITION I have a side-arm similar to the Scholar's Candlestick except this one gives me a whopping 51.5% magic damage boost. And I want to use Great Farron Darts, just one of several sorceries I have attuned. How do I calculate how much damage that would do relative to an enemy's magic defense or lack thereof?

This is just one of many other things I want to figure out but maybe you can put me on the right track to figuring out similar made-up **** using this game's way of calculating damage, defense and so forth.

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,796.50
Unfortunately the spreadsheet doesn't have calculations for spells.
At most it will handle weapons & weapon buffs, given spell buff.

I'm not the original author, and I don't have the particulars of what the damage calculation steps are.
I've done the diligence to try and dump the data from newer patches and update.

You might try and seek out the original author, or those that are still active updating things like mugenmonkey, and see what you can learn.

Personally, to dive any deeper requires time I don't have.
I can see it in your eyes. If you didn't invade, didn't pillage, whatever would you do?
Phantom Build Guide Doc (non meta SL) (Thread)

eremHaNeoN

Caffeinated
Guardian

Well that's a shame. I'd think that a calculator for spells would be pretty important considering that, well, the game has a bunch of spells, staves, chimes, etc. and rings that affect them?! Are spells in the game just that complicated?

I'll seek other avenues then if that's what's required, thanks anyway.