Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

They should increase the duration, 15 seconds are a joke
Its because it doesnt take off life from you, like DS1
Apparently you didn't read the page or spell... PW removes 30% of your max hp over its duration.
Power Within was my favorite buff in DS1 and seeing it return in DS3 was a great surprise.... till I saw the stats. 15 seconds is way too short and the damage buff is minimal compared to a sacred Oath + Deep Protection combo. Plus the later lasts much longer. Increase the duration to 30 seconds and I will consider using this spell again, otherwise it is a waste
Power Within stacks with Tears of Denial tho, while the miracles don't. This is invaluable for Morion + RTSR PVE. Most fights will be over in like 5 secs anyway.
Because PW+Tears is an AMAZING combo lol, seriously you die the instant tears activates making both spells useless
15 seconds. Seriously.
I know right. Because 15 seconds in a 15 min fight is worth risking dying.
Basically, it runs off before even landing a hit. They need to buff this thing to at least 40-45 seconds. I'm surprised it doesn't requires 2 slots.

DTPandemonium

Souls: 129.00
Wiki Edits: 13
''Removes 30% of your hp over the course of the duration.''

This can be used at low level builds if you use your stats right: https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/120701

TLDR: Always have 10 vigor and unembered
Max heal while in power within 10 hp per second: Bountiful Sunlight, Sun Princess Ring, any Chime weapon art. (invasions at around undead settlement because level 21)
Nullify power within damage the cheapest way: Bountiful Light, Sun Princess Ring (invasions in high wall of lothric because level 11)

I did not put blessed weapons in there but they wont heal you almost at all because you need to upgrade them to make their healing delay better. You can also wear full thorns armor but hey that's just being an *** Kappa

DTPandemonium

Souls: 129.00
Wiki Edits: 13
Tfw you can't make paragraphs in wiki comments section apparently FeelsBadMan
just use warmth it heals better than bountiful sunlight and all that other crap put together
10/10 would use on giant dad build
For the extra challenge of getting gud of course
This spell is great for invasions. I found that victory in an invasion was more about applying enough damage at the right time than who can drain the most estus. Invaders don't win the battle of attrition, they need overwhelming force. This gives that. Between the stamina buff and the damage boost, if they don't run, you can easily drop someone in fifteen seconds.
DELET THIS
lol, "DELETE THIS." I reveal someone's secret strat?

People still don't use it even now that it's 30 seconds.
Buff to 45 seconds and make it drain 45% health and 30% bonus damage and it would actually be worth using
How bout 45%? Might as well continue the pattern.
its really good as is with great weapons, be glad noone uses it or noobs would complain and From would nerf it to the ground like they do everything
Should be like DS1 where it kills you but gives an insane 40% more damage. Ramp up the self-damage to 1.5%/second and make the duration 70 seconds (matching the faster pace of DS3). Also make it work well in PvP lol, right now it's like a 4% bonus against players or something **** like that.
This thing got buffed. Lasts very long now and doesn't suffer from diminishing returns. SL 35 +5 weapons power within + Lothric Knight UGS w/ Gold Pine and I get 632 AR. Great Club I get 501...pure physical...SL 35...+5 weapons...GG.
I didn't notice it lasts very long in Gael fight. Seems good ol' 30 sec at best maybe 40, then you lose 30% of ur HP for that (ffs!). But Great Soul Dregs from Izalith Staff + Power Within + Sacred Oath would make a nice 818 a hit to skip first phase fast and you don't even have to chase that Guts monkey. Too bad buffs could last a bit longer
Rookie numbers
In PvP I was able to use Carthus Beacon and Divine Blessing (They stack apparently) and got to around 945 AR with Chaos Astora Greatsword+10 and the pillar rings, and when I used this as a trump card, my AR was easily up to around 1,010, not sure if it stacked with Carthus Beacon and Divine Blessing
Divine Blessing? You mean sacred oath?
Sacred Oath and Power Within (in PvP) both only give 4% damage bonuses instead of 10% and 20% respectively. Your AR was probably closer to 850. Still high, but for a) using an UGS, b) using an HP-draining buff, and c) using up 4 attunement slots, that's absolute trash. You could just go 60 faith/40 dex Lightning Blade + Sharp Lothric Knight Greatsword and get over 900 for one slot and not much more investment considering how little attunement you'd need in comparison.