Discuss Capcom's upcoming RPG, share trailers and information!
Wiki: Visit the Deep Down Wiki
By TSMP
Posts Posts Avatar
HazamaOuroborous wrote:Apparently Capcom renewed the trademark for the 5th time recently, which is the last time they can renew it.
As Siliconera state: "any trademark filed in the United States can only be extended five times within three years, and it becomes lost after its fifth expiration.".
Apparently the trademark can be kept though, if something is actually demonstrably done with the trademark, rather than it just sitting there being renewed with no progress bring shown at all.
EDIT: Gamesradar explain the "doing something with the trademark" thing as: "If you're doing the math at home, that means Capcom has until February 2017 to produce a viable product before someone else can grab the name. To be clear, when I say "viable product," I mean that, according to the US Patent and Trademark Office, Capcom must "use the mark in commerce and submit a statement of use.""

Source/s: https://www.destructoid.com/three-years ... 9149.phtml , http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/08/ca ... ning-time/
Soo... they can't just say "hey guys, we're still totally doing this and stuff", but they need to actually have a product that uses the trademarked property, like a demo?

I wonder if they just decided to go full silence after the whole nonsense about the main character not being a woman.
By Emergence
Posts Posts Avatar
We'll see something about it eventually no doubt. Rumors are that it will be a matched title with the new powerful current gen console versions.
By Daos_Strange
Posts Avatar
I tried searching for news on this last week, but came up empty. where are you hearing these rumors?
By Emergence
Posts Posts Avatar
I believe it was a leaked demo list for the new PS4, titles that they were going to promote along with it.
By Daos_Strange
Posts Avatar
That's actually very exciting news. If that's true, we could be hearing more info about the game very soon.