Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki
By Anonymous
The first time Pharis walked off the cliff and I didn't get the bow. After leaving the covenant, rejoining, attacking members and getting absolved by Oswald then rejoining again there was a gold soul on the ground where Pharis usually stands. I got the bow, her hat, and twin humanity. Not sure of you have to do all that; maybe leaving and rejoining is enough to reset her.
By Anonymous
You just have to exit and reload the zone for it to appear, don't you?
By Anonymous
Exiting and reloading the game will make npc drops appear at the point from which they fell, much like the player's recovery stain
By Anonymous
Any loading screen (most conveniently, quit/reload) will reset the position of NPCs. In most cases, their loot will also reset. Havel's Ring is a notable exception.
By Anonymous
(Not so) Pro tip: I accidentally joined the Forest Hunter covenant before killing Pharis, ignoring that then she'd become friendly. Attacking her in that situation would betray the covenant and cause me some headaches fixing that. Kicks (movement forward + normal attack with most weapons) don't turn NPC hostiles. So I kicked her once and again until I threw her off a cliff. Reloaded the game, and the loot was where she was standing. No hostility, no covenant betrayal, all profit! - This was done in DS Remastered Edition -
By Anonymous
You could also have joined a different covenant making them hostile again. But your way sounds more fun. *thumbs up*
By Anonymous
This doesn't work in ptde
By Ruki
Confirmed ty for this hilarious tip!
By Anonymous
stonks
By Anonymous
What I did was that I just attracted some enemy tree people and lured them over to her. I got behind her so that the tree people would hit her, trying to hit me. They kill her while I take little to no damage because I was just blocking.
By Anonymous
This worked in remastered, thank you
By Anonymous
Seems to be the only weapon where magic path AR is higher than enchanted, but I read on another forum that Enchanted path has higher dmg despite lower AR, anyone have further details on this? Really conflicted and would prefer some more definitive answers.
By Anonymous
Magic is indeed slightly stronger than enchanted, even if by a little bit. There's no hidden modifiers underneath. With 9 strength, 40 dexterity and 40 intelligence, Magic+10 deals 88 physical and 139 magic, versus Enchanted +5 which deals 79 physical and 133 magic. End result is total damage of Magic +10 is about 16 more total damage.
By Anonymous
Magic is the stronger one, even if by a little bit There's no hidden modifiers or anything underneath, this is all the "real" AR you get. So yes, magic is slightly stronger than enchanted.
By Anonymous
By Anonymous
Well said.
By Anonymous
I've been looking for something that can at least a B stat bonus in both DeX and int as well as being fast as the short bow. Does the S int make up for the C dex?
By Anonymous
wrong bow this does S in dex and E in strengh
By Anonymous
Best bow in the game. It's almost cheating when you can dump arrow after arrow into enemies without them ever aggroing.
By Anonymous
What do you mean almost?
By Anonymous
if youre looking for the lady who drops this, shes aways off to the right of the cat and ripe for murkage. no need to join those mother****ly-*** forest hunters
By Anonymous
Pharis is a man, it says so in the description of his hat
By Anonymous
Does she respawn?
By Anonymous
pharis got ambushed by forest hunters took his **** and she dosent resapwn btw
By Anonymous
Pharis is a man, it says so in the description of his hat
By Anonymous
Edit: It is likely that Pharis attempted to visit Artorias's grave and got ambushed by the Forest Hunters. The female archer who currntly bears Pharis's bow and hat today must've been the one to deal the finishing blow, thus earning herself the loot.
By Anonymous
Really tackling the important details huh
By Anonymous
Really tackling the important details huh
By Anonymous
Who cares nerd
By Anonymous
Lightning bow of pharis or normal bow of pharis for a dex build?

For the short bow, i heard it worth more to infuse it with lightning even if you are a dex build
By Anonymous
If you plan to have a Dexterity build, you should probably leave it as is, as lightning removes scaling. Also split damage has to go through two resistances on an enemy, instead of one.
By Sakerift
I think the split damages thing has become more and more exaggerated over time. Let's use this weapon as the example. Yes it does split the damage but as I understand it if something does let's say lightning and physical, both portions do not go through lightning and physical. Instead they go through their respective resistances. So let's say the enemy has 25% lightning and physical resistance, if this is the case then there is no difference between a 400 damage physical only attack being reduced by 100 than a total of lightning and physical being 400 with any split totaling in the same total reduction. However, assume now that it is a target with 20% physical and 25% lightning in which case the pure physical would out damage the mixed and if the physical and lightning were flipped the the split one would be superior. It is very situational and dependent on the target which is actually better. Now, it is generally a waste to split damages without getting scaling out of it because you'll eventually out scale the flat numbers. I also do not consider chaos scaling as it is very low when compared to 40 in any respective scaling stat for the weapons best scaling paired with any minimum stats required to use it. This is assuming it can be infused for fair comparisons. Now if you do want to have mixed damages, especially on a bow which you can't put magic buffs on, then you need to consider how common the resistance is of that damage type relative to how high damage you'll get for it. If you want to have a strong bow but also be a Miracle user then put divine on it because you'll probably have 50 faith compared to 20-30 dex. Even if the target has higher magic resistance than physical if you reach 400 magic or 300 physical and the target has 33% physical but 50% magic you'll again be even. It's far more of a nuanced topic than just "split damage is always worse." However, non scaling will always be worse than scaling no matter what.

Honestly, if you want mixed damage, either have it be something that naturally is mixed or use a weapon buff.
By MrPrep
The split damage problem has to do with defenses in DS being non-linear. If we take an enemy with the same lightning and piercing resistance (not 25%, that would be linear), dealing 200 piercing damage would result in a lower damage resistance (let's say 10%, the exact numbers are a pain to calculate) than dealing 100 piercing damage (15% maybe) and the same is true for the lightning part. This is way having a 200 split AR is not the same as a 200 pure AR even if the enemy has the exact same resistances to both damage types.