By Basher of Glory

Since the game came out I played it ...well, excessively. In all my playthroughs I never had problems to find the guy who sells the thingie, which leads me to the town, where Shale is.

Now, after about two years, I reinstalled DA:O, found everything in the DLC-section as "active".

"Return to Ostagar" and the warden fortress were there, all other items and stuff, I downloaded years ago, too.

So was "The Stone Prisoner". It is marked as "active", but I simply can't find the guy who gives me the rod and thus, the quest won't start.

I downloaded and installed it again, but no success.

Usually I do the warden fortress and Shale before I start the main stuff. Now I did Redcliffe up to the point, when I agree to save the boy and look for the ashes to cure the Arl. But even after that and lots of useless running cross the map, the guy won't show up.

Did I forget something, which is required to unlock the DLC? Are there any prerequesites?

Sidenote: I deleted and reinstalled the game again, but the result is the same: No Shale-DLC.

By TheMadHarridan

Hmm. So, the "Sulcher's Pass" area never showed up on your map? It should be on the western side of the map, the picture should be a little wagon, and it should be a golden color, which signifies DLC content. It should have been available directly after you finish Lothering.

By theskymoves
Posts Avatar

Since the game came out I played it ...well, excessively. In all my playthroughs I never had problems to find the guy who sells the thingie, which leads me to the town, where Shale is.

Now, after about two years, I reinstalled DA:O, found everything in the DLC-section as "active".

"Return to Ostagar" and the warden fortress were there, all other items and stuff, I downloaded years ago, too.

So was "The Stone Prisoner". It is marked as "active", but I simply can't find the guy who gives me the rod and thus, the quest won't start.

I downloaded and installed it again, but no success.

Usually I do the warden fortress and Shale before I start the main stuff. Now I did Redcliffe up to the point, when I agree to save the boy and look for the ashes to cure the Arl. But even after that and lots of useless running cross the map, the guy won't show up.

Did I forget something, which is required to unlock the DLC? Are there any prerequesites?

Sidenote: I deleted and reinstalled the game again, but the result is the same: No Shale-DLC.

Do you also have the 'offer' file (DAO_PRC_OCP_2_1.0.dazip) installed? Not having that will result in exactly what you've described.

See: Dragon Age Origin Offer files missing

and Downloadable content (Origins) (the links to download the offer files are wa-a-a-a-a-y down at the bottom of the page).

Other than that... I got nothin'.  :( /useless blather

By Basher of Glory

Well, I did all that without any success.

Now I downloaded it again from the above link and will see, if it works then.

Thx for replies :)

EDIT:

Just to avoid misunderstandings, here is exactly what I did respectively what happened:

1) After installation ALL DLCs which I purchased, got as "offer" or for free showed up as "active"

2) Nevertheless, I had to install manually the "Warden's Keep", which was easy, because it is a .exe. It worked then.

3) "The Stone Prisoner" could not be started, because the merchant's location did not show up on the map

4) I (re-)installed both, the content- and the "offer"-file with DA-updater, but still no success.

5) Of course I checked firewall settings etc; anything is as it should be

6) This problem never happened in my countless playthroughs in former years

By Guest
8 years later, i have the same problem and no way to resolve it :'(