By Dunmer of Redoran

I've seen many threads about it but never a definitive answer.

I'm not romancing Leliana, but I still want to get the Cute Nug anyway. I've done the nug wrangling quest with Leliana in my party. I've gone through most conversations with her and done her personal quest. I've raised her approval to Friendly. And still, she doesn't mention anything about nugs, and I can't get the Idle Dwarf to sell me one.

Are there any other specific parameters that have to be fulfilled?

By caradoc2000

As I recall, you need to talk to Leliana outside Dust Town (in Orzammar) to get the convo where she expresses her wish to get one.

By luna1124

She has to be friendly (but I cannot remember what numbers it should be), you can ask her any time in Orzammar (I think after you talk to the nug wrangler guy that pays you to find nugs??) but you may not even need to talk to him.. can't remember. Anyway, ask Leliana what she knows about this place and after she tells you that, she should ask about the cute bunny pigs. If she does not ask, her approval may not be high enough.

By Dunmer of Redoran

As I recall, you need to talk to Leliana outside Dust Town (in Orzammar) to get the convo where she expresses her wish to get one.

I have, but I get generic comments about Orzammar. Approval is at 75. I think I once heard that 80 is the threshold but I've no evidence of that.

By Sylriel

If I remember correctly you need to have done one of two things with Leliana before she brings it up: be in romance with her, or completed her quest (the one with Marjolaine in it).

You can come back to Orzammar later if you have not yet done any of these with her.

By Dunmer of Redoran

If I remember correctly you need to have done one of two things with Leliana before she brings it up: be in romance with her, or completed her quest (the one with Marjolaine in it).

You can come back to Orzammar later if you have not yet done any of these with her.

I did her companion quest and spoke to her about it; she's been hardened by this point.

By caradoc2000

Maybe she just prefers Altmer...

By Dunmer of Redoran

Maybe she just prefers Altmer...

Really? She strikes me as being more about Bretons, what with them being something of a French-analogue just like the Orlesians. :P

I got Leliana's approval up to 80 and tried again. It does seem to trigger at that point, but not before. So in short, if not romancing Leliana, raising approval to "Friendly" is not enough to trigger the nug quest. It appears as though it needs to be at 80 or higher.

By Localnug154
You MUST in romance with her or this will not trigger. I went to Orzammar after completing her request, hardened her and break up with her and choose morrigan, she never requested a nug.