By Broquisitor

When I enter an area after the Crossroads in the Hinterlands, the East Road I think, as soon as I get near to a group of enemies any controlled character of mine just plain freezes?

Other characters who haven't reached that area yet work perfectly fine and when I switch to them and backtrack the frozen Character follows again, but then everything concerning fast travelling just completely bugs out and I can't even load autosaves, it's as if the saves are corrupted. I just get a blackscreen and have to restart the game and choose a save from way earlier.

I'm having this glitch for the first time in all my playthroughs? I'm so confused. It's only in that area though. I tried googling but I found nothing.  :angry: Did any of you experience something like this? 

By robmar
Posts Avatar

In all my playthroughs (on computer), I've never had this problem. 

By Mysticfeline

Just started having the same problem as well. I wish I could figure out a workaround because it's making it impossible to do 'Measuring the Veil' 

By Gippel

I have the same problem. But i figured it out that it happens only if you want to start Measuring the Veil quest - that means when you have Solas in your party.

By aeazfh
i know this is an old post but did anyone here manage to find a solution? the guy above me's solution doesn't apply since i don't have any mods. a bug this big having been around for so long reflects very poorly on the developers.