Discuss the Forums, the blog and Wikis
By tamayoshi
Posts Avatar
Hi, @Fexelea

Thank you very much for giving me a VIP account :D

I will continue to use this topic for my contacts. it can be more open to users here than on discord.

Suggestions on how to add original content to the Japanese version.

It is difficult to add while comparing the content written by Masurao with the original.
So add the original translation at the top of the page and keep Masurao' content at the bottom of the page.
After some work (about 3 major header items), compare the original and Masurao content "overall" and discuss what should be done again.

What is the order of content to be translated?
I will start with the content linked from interactive map. It is a method of translating links that exist in already-translated content.
For my part, I have no strong preference for the order of translation.
If there is another way, please let me know :00004:
By Fexelea
Posts Posts Avatar
Your idea sounds fine to me :D

I think it would be great to get the locations done, so they can all be added to the interactive map. The pages aren't completed so it would be a nice place to get started :D

Once some more location pages exist on the JP wiki with content, I will update the interactive map with their right names etc so they can link to the right page
By tamayoshi
Posts Avatar
There is only one place on the interactive map that is in Japanese (CHAPEL OF ANTICIPATION/王を待つ礼拝堂), and Masurao has created a link to it. I would like to start here first.

I would like to insert the content of the original site as is and replace it with a translation, but copy and paste doesn't work because it doesn't maintain the design & formatting. I couldn't figure it out even after reading the guide you gave me.

Please let me know the best way to do this.
Thank you in advance :00004:
By tamayoshi
Posts Avatar
Hi,

Currently anyone can edit the content on eldenring-jp.wiki.fextralife.com, but can this be made so that only those with an account can edit it?
It would be nice to be able to edit freely, but I want to be able to contact the editors.
Thank you for your consideration.
By tamayoshi
Posts Avatar
Thanks for the advice.

I had a hard time deleting the infobox Masurao created and moving it down :(
I ended up creating a dummy infobox below and then copying it over, which worked!

The links on the page are still in the original. I will leave them as they are and work on other locations. I will do some locations and we will decide what to do with Masurao's content before I modify the links.

The links written by Masurao are FQDN and below are different from the original, and are written in Japanese.
Shall we discuss this later as well as the treatment of Masurao's content? or leave it as is?
By Fexelea
Posts Posts Avatar
Thank you for figuring it out! :D

All links on the Japanese wiki should go to the japanese names. So /Limgrave needs to become /リムグレイブ etc - otherwise the links will end on 404 since the pages will be made with Japanese names. To change the links, you can click the link icon and change the URL or select the right page. Map links also have to be changed to go to JP interactive map :S

Lots of changes! :S