This is a legal document in English. If you cannot read English, please have someone translate it for you, or use an online translator such as Google Translate.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
This document was created using an SEQ Legal template.
- What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation.
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us. You may chose to not reveal this information. A valid email address is however, required for registration.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us
NOTE: IP addresses are not legally considered personal information, as per a Federal Court ruling in the United States (Johnson v. Microsoft Corp.). If you edit our wikis or post comments anonymously on our website, your IP will be stored and displayed to other users as a means of identifying the edit and commentator as one user. This is standard practice with websites such as ours, including Wikipedia. If you do not wish for your IP to be publicly visible, you can register an account and then your user display may be customized to whatever you choose.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer (version 9) you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block All Cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites[, including this one.
- Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website or activating your subscription;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested or send you post items of sweepstakes winnings;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (if you want to be removed from this list please check your user settings or contact administration for deactivation);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users � but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries [(including [the United States], [Japan], [other countries])] which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, [personal information that you submit for publication on the website] will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.]
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
- Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
- Policy amendments
- Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at USD 20); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
- Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
- Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.