Warrior.

Elhanan

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 2,181.00
Depending upon your wishes, I recommend 20-30 pts for fuel/ Stamina pool.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

dainbramage

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 50.00

Inb4 argument.

I'm of the opinion that 0 points in willpower is the optimal amount, others differ.

capn233

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 88.00

I usually prefer all warrior attributes to go into strength or dex, but it depends is a good answer too.

What sort of warrior were you planning to play?

-This evidence is irrefutable.
Well... at first I thought I would make a dex centered build due to the fact that a Dalish warrior relies more on finesse than brute strength.

But a low strength stat is terrible for a warrior, so I decided that having more dex than Sten, Oghren and Alistair is enough for me.

I expect my character to have 40~strength, 30~dex and 20 constitution when he reaches lvl 20.

Well you usually need a lot of strength to hold up your armor unless your a dex DW warrior.  You need some Dex for abilities for DW and Sword and Shield.  The good players recommend all strength for a two handed warrior.  But you could mess around with that and get constitution or dex or willpower.

Elhanan

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 2,181.00

Well... at first I thought I would make a dex centered build due to the fact that a Dalish warrior relies more on finesse than brute strength.

But a low strength stat is terrible for a warrior, so I decided that having more dex than Sten, Oghren and Alistair is enough for me.

I expect my character to have 40~strength, 30~dex and 20 constitution when he reaches lvl 20.

For a Master archer that wishes to wear heavy armor, I believe for Origins that 38+ STR is required. In DAA, this will increase to 48+, I believe.

To aid in that, I recommend base Magic, 16 Cunning, 20+ CON, 20-30 WILL, and the remaining in DEX, esp if playing DAA. Here, Accuracy makes a DEX based archer quite deadly.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

I never do it until Awakening, when I have so many points it doesn't matter. I don't really use many powers as a warrior though either.

For a Master archer that wishes to wear heavy armor, I believe for Origins that 38+ STR is required. In DAA, this will increase to 48+, I believe.

To aid in that, I recommend base Magic, 16 Cunning, 20+ CON, 20-30 WILL, and the remaining in DEX, esp if playing DAA. Here, Accuracy makes a DEX based archer quite deadly.

When did I ever say I was playing an archer?

capn233

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 88.00

Which weapon set were you planning to run?  That has a lot of bearing on how much strength relative to dex you will want to target.

Nearly everything into dex is obviously best with dual dagger, and can potentially get away with "low" strength if you don't mind using light are medium armor.  Dual fullsize has its own dex requirement (36), even if that amount of dex doesn't end up helping you all that much for damage.  Even SnS takes 26 dex to max the shield talents.

Physical resistance checks are going to be by and large against your Str though, so depending on how important that is to you will also factor into it.  Riposte is cunning though.

-This evidence is irrefutable.