Comments made to our Dragon's Dogma Wiki
By Anonymous
Both myrrdin and Trisha are not giving me the sorcerer spells upon quest completion. Anyone know why?
By Anonymous
Sleep for a day and go back
By Anonymous
The quest is getting completed and I receive every other item I’m supposed besides the new spells. I can’t figure out why and tried many many times.
By Anonymous
Skill issue
By Anonymous
Could be do to approval, Jaspers, Onyx etc are good gifts. I've heard the reason the Magick Archer lady gives you her scroll immediately is because the quest you do to unlock Magick Archer gets you a bunch of approval with her. Same deal with the Thief scrolls.
By Anonymous
My understanding was you have to be worthy of the skills. Like be a high level in the appropriate vocation. I only found the Thief Maister thus far and got his automatically but I am a thief vocation and was rand 8 at the time. When I finish the quest I'll confirm seeing as I don't have any rank in mage or sorcerer.
By Anonymous
You'll probably need to have a higher appraisel status with them. Try gifting the stuff.
By Anonymous
Anyone know what difference it makes to give him all 5 grimoires?
By Anonymous
I found Nation's Death Knell and Howling Blizzard as a drop from the Wight in Waterfall Cave.
By Anonymous
No it's from the chest that spawns it. You can still run away without fighting it if you have to.
By Aeonmaster777
I too got howling blizzard in the chest along with death kneel on my 2nd attempt.

First attempt only had death kneel.
By Anonymous
I wasn't getting the quest from him until I switched to mage. So you have to have a class that has access to magic I assume. I know it's self explanatory but still it's a bit of info that I wished I knew before running around everywhere.
By Anonymous
Thats complete rubbish. you only have to be wearing nice clothing.
By Anonymous
Same here, so there is at least some truth in this. I was wearing the courtly gear and he told me to get lost over and over again until I changed to Mage. There might be other factors that decide whether he'll give you the quest, and it might be possible for him to give it to non-magic vocations somehow, but your vocation DEFINITELY factors into his decision.
By Anonymous
Wrong. Vocation has no impact whatsoever. Just wear the noble shirt and pants (and nothing else) and you’re fine. I’ve started this quest as both a thief and archer.
By Anonymous
thank ! i havent sold or used any books or gifted them to dismissed pawns i found, i had most of these at level 12
By Anonymous
TIP: You only need 3 grimoires to complete both quests! I missed Fulminous Shield, but giving 3 at once advanced me in both quests :)
By Anonymous
TIP: You only need 3 grimoires to complete both quests! I missed Fulminous Shield, but giving 3 at once advanced me in both quests :)
By Anonymous
There is two Nation's Death Knell in the game so you don't need to make forgeries, i don't remember where the second one is, i had 2 when i went to submit it to myrddin.
By Anonymous
There is two Nation's Death Knell in the game so you don't need to make forgeries, i don't remember where the second one is, i had 2 when i went to submit it to myrddin.