Discuss the Forums, the blog and Wikis
By tamayoshi
Posts Avatar
Are there other Japanese translation sites for eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com other than eldenring-jp.wiki.fextralife.com?
eldenring-jp.wiki.fextralife.com does not translate the contents of eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com.
FYI, I asked the same question at eldenring-jp.wiki.fextralife.com(25 Aug 2022), but there is still no reply.
Thank you.
By Fexelea
Posts Posts Avatar
@tamayoshi sorry I missed your post! The eldenring-jp.wiki.fextralife.com is generally geared toward the aesthetics of other Japanese users so it doesn't always follow the same content pattern. Is there something specific you think should be added? We can always try to focus on that :)
By tamayoshi
Posts Avatar
Thank you for your reply.
I'm not at all interested in someone's "aesthetics".
Therefore, rather than adding something to the current eldenring-jp.wiki.fextralife.com, I would like a translation of eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com.
Regards
By Fexelea
Posts Posts Avatar
Hi :)

It's less about someone's "aesthetics" and more about user feedback. The JP wiki is managed by the same team that made the original livedoor wiki that kickstarted all wikis of demon's souls / dark souls etc (a group i've been part of since 2008) The users of that wiki gave us feedback when we tried to change the format to match the international look, and said they didn't quite like it and preferred the traditional style the japanese wiki has always had.

We have made some amendments over time and many changes have been well received, but we try to stay true to that original feel when possible. So, is there something you wanted added to the JP wiki, or if you want to join the team and help revamp specific pages, just let me know

Tagging @samurai_masurao who does most of the work on JP version :)
By tamayoshi
Posts Avatar
I understand the situation. Thank you for your detailed explanation.
If it's a translation job for eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com, I'd love to help.
I have no experience with game-related translations, but I have dozens of translations related to Linux and web security.

I asked @samurai_masurao the same question on eldenring-jp.wiki.fextralife.com before posting here, but have yet to receive a reply :(
By Fexelea
Posts Posts Avatar
I'm guessing Masurao hasn't seen your comment since JP wiki doesn't have comment approval and anyone can post. He seems to be away right now but we should be able to get things going regardless.

The first part would be to identify things we should fix or that are missing that we can cross-over. Did you have any suggestions that you noticed while using the wiki? If not, then we need to wait for Masurao to come back or for next week when I can actually look at what's missing on JP wiki
By tamayoshi
Posts Avatar
Hi, samurai_masurao :)

:star: Due to the delay in approval of the moderator, the posts are back and forth.

It must have been difficult for you to work alone.
Thank you for your hard work.
I would love to help.

Would you like to discuss how to proceed?
Last edited by tamayoshi on Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By samurai_masurao
Posts Avatar
tamayoshi-san> I have read all of the above.
This is definitely the Japanese version of Fextralife. Japanese version administrator = The person who adds and edits Japanese articles is me "samurai_masurao" alone.
It's an element I'm fully aware of missing and lacking information, but I can prioritize and update it if there's anything specific I'd like to see added.

Also, if you can help me with the editing, it would be greatly appreciated.
By tamayoshi
Posts Avatar
@ Fexelea That’s okay. I appreciate it :00004: